Southern American Folklore

monsoon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it go into the cowboy folklore of Oklahoma? When I was growing up in Little Rock my parents (we were from Tulsa) always told me stories of some of the famous bandits, indians, and cowboys that roamed our home state. Ever heard of Geronimo? Quanah Parker? Will Rogers? Wylie Post, etc?

The SC coast down to GA (really down to Yulee county Florida on the border) with all those islands and marsh grasses I always looked at those and thought the stories they could tell, lost sailors, pirates, the sad slave stories, ft. pulaski in savannah, ft. sumter in charleston, at night out there with a full moon and nothing but marsh grasses and brackish water must be scary as heck. The Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil dealt with some of that though it mainly took place on Savannah streets, I know thats a ways south from charleston and myrtle but I always thought that a Cape Fear movie would go great down in those marshes, wouldn't even have to be fiction, the history and legend of it alone might be enough.

Archived