Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshine

Orlando, Florida

Whew, those are some massive pics! Orlando is going to get mre density when these new towers are completed. Hopefully, the downtown core will become one, instead of separate clusters.

The cityscape should be dramatically different come 2007 when many of the high-rises will be completely. Thanks for the great pictures.

I think those are among the best Orlando photos I've seen. Captures the streetwall well too. Usually photos taken from the traditional angle paralleling I-4 tend to make it look too spread out, at least on camera. I always like the look from the East-West.

You know, past all the funky 80's glass, Orlando has some really nice historic brick treasures. Even before Disney, that city had a pretty big, functional downtown.

I posted this in the Orlando thread, but I thought it would be cool for everyone to see one of Orlando's hip urban neighborhoods. Check these out.

Well, I decided to get out on my last day in Orlando before going back to the frigid North. These aren't the best pics, because I have an ancient digital camera, and the battery died so there aren't that many, but I figured I'd post them anyway.

fe544b43.jpg

I love bungalows.

c5f29150.jpg

A Thornton Park watering hole.

954de1b1.jpg

Bed and Breakfast.

cda4acc0.jpg

Sanctuary topped out, nearly completion.

MVC-010F.jpg

The wonderful Eola South condominiums.

75f4437d.jpg

A discrete parking structure.

fc4fa4e0.jpg

Lake Eola Park.

ab71d037.jpg

A wall of highrises over the lake.

14ac4be6.jpg

The dilapidated structure that will be demolished for our new "Miami-style" condo.

884e9c8d.jpg

Suntrust tower and Plaza cranes.

bb94968b.jpg

And again.

b7536d9b.jpg

Osceola Brownstones.

I never have been back in those neighborhoods of Orlando before. Thanks for the pictures of Brownstones and the Eola South Condos. I only saw those from the air in the projects thread. Nice though.

Great photos, guys. I'm impressed. The times I've been to Orlando, I never got a chance to go downtown and I see that I really missed out.

^Thornton Park and the surrounding neighborhoods all the way North to Winter Park would surprised most visitors to Orlando. They are some of the best hoods in the state!

ooh, I really like those first couple of shots. As everyone else has been saying, those same angles will look completely different 3 years from now