Your city's Earthquake impact

PghUSA

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol spartan . . .

our taxes at work eh man . . . i was just wowed by the graphics I'm a mapnerd so seeing things laid out like that was awesome!

I think there is a explanation on the site though you can check out, but hey who knows maybe it was some burecrats way to confuse congress so they're budget wouldn't be cut. ;)

I'm a mapnerd so seeing things laid out like that was awesome!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me too, but I can't figure out what it is. I can decipher maps usually, but this thing doesn't have any key to what all that stuff is, and where there is one it just makes it more confusing. freakin' bureaucrats.

lol, this is a guess now but the one I posted I believe is the amount of impact regionally if a quake was to hit downtown Pittsburgh, where and the magnitude of the shock, like how cincy would fare or NYC would if the quake was centered in downtown 'burgh.

Then again I never passed a civil service exam so they have something on me lol. The map on the site instead of bars its pools of impact kinda like map pie charts.

click the link and put in a zip . . . zoom out and in as much as you want ;) the one on the site does a cartography type pie chart the one with the cool pegs i found in a google image search though, same site just can't find the link to those on the site itself.

The link for the above image is:

http://eqhazmaps.usgs.gov/deagg/pittsburgh5hz.gif

the website only does pie chart mapping though not pegs (I'm using all these terms losely because I don't know exactly what you would call that) but for the pegs you might try putting in SFO or SF or sanfran or sanfrancisco in place of pittsburgh5hz.gif up there and see what pops up ;)

Archived