Jacksonville Florida's largest city

Fruit Cove

Do you consider Jacksonville the Largest city in Florida?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Jacksonville the Largest city in Florida?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undedcided

All census data I know and read shows Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice Metro population to be 682,833 based on 7.1.06 estimates. It is growing roughly at 2 to 3 percent a year. These same estimates show Jax's metro pop. to be like you stated at 1,277,997 and growing at about the same percents as S/B. Based on this info, Jax is twice the size of S/B and based on current growth rates, will continue to be.

jaxboro is correct, Jax is FL's biggest city and b/c of city/county consolidation probably always will be. Most of the other big cities in FL are small in land size and thus smaller in pop. This all of course is referring to CITY size and not METRO size..there is a big difference between the two. IMHO the next big metro to emerge in FL will be the Ft. Myers-Naples area and not S/B as much.

Four of the top 100 fastest growing counties in the USA are in NFL........Saint Johns, Clay, Wakulla and Walton. Flagler IS the fastest growing county in the USA...which is in the blurry area where NFL meets CFL. So I think the growth you wish for NFL is already here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Jacksonvilles defense I have to add that there are two urban, walkable, dense and wonderful areas that Orlando, or any city for that matter, would kill for. I'm talking about Riverside/Avondale and San Marco. Both of these areas are old streetcar neighborhoods on opposite sides of the river tha may possibly be some of the nicest urban neighborhoods in the south. Sorry, but I don't have pics.

Orlandoans would see similarities to College Park, only older and more urban in makeup.

In Jacksonvilles defense I have to add that there are two urban, walkable, dense and wonderful areas that Orlando, or any city for that matter, would kill for. I'm talking about Riverside/Avondale and San Marco. Both of these areas are old streetcar neighborhoods on opposite sides of the river tha may possibly be some of the nicest urban neighborhoods in the south. Sorry, but I don't have pics.

Orlandoans would see similarities to College Park, only older and more urban in makeup.

Archived