Vision 2025

DHall

This project, Vision 2025, is too revitalize the staggered growth in Tulsa. City leaders wanted to make this a metro wide project, and it clearly is.

They are revamping all of the area universities.

untitled.bmp

fdgs43443333ff.bmp

langston.bmp

nsubrokenarrow.bmp

tulsassscmablc.bmp

Secondly city leaders envision revamping the city's health care infrustructure.

morton.bmp

Then city leaders wanted to improve on Tulsa's already world class image. I don't think any othetr American city is more beautiful than Tulsa, IMO.

mvt.bmp

zinglakebeauty.bmp

ojhof.bmp

Updates as usual, and comments and critisism are welcome. Hell they won't offend me!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh... I forgot to mention that all of those pics of universities are not the entire college, but just a sketch of what is planned.

The Arkansas River Shoreline Beautification is actually just supposed add a buncha high class office and restaraunt developments on a new wharf.

• 5 months later...

the arena they are building is sweeet, by far the coolest structure in the state. it makes our plain arena look even more vanilla. i'm making sure that i go check it out.

designed by cesar pelli, same guy that designed the petronas towers, some of the tallest buildings in the world.

photo.jpg

the arena they are building is sweeet, by far the coolest structure in the state. it makes our plain arena look even more vanilla. i'm making sure that i go check it out.

designed by cesar pelli, same guy that designed the petronas towers, some of the tallest buildings in the world.

photo.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That really is a nice design. I do like Cesar Pelli. He also designed some of the buildings in Manhattan. You've probably seen them they were very close to the World Trade Center. It slightly reminds my of a design someone did for Razorback Stadium, very contemporary design. Of course all the 'traditionalists' didn't like it so they didn't go with that type of contemporary design. But anyway it's a very nice building. maybe it can be your 'Sydney Operahouse'.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?...page=1&id=87771

A small news story about the new arena.

News on 6 reporter Emory Bryan says the lead architect of Tulsa's arena, Cesar Pelli, pronounced the design finished. The milestone means the project has moved from ideas on paper to a final form ready for blueprints. Cesar Pelli: "Now we know that the arena will look like and feel like."

• 3 months later...

It's looking like the new convention center and events center will be $123 Million.

It should have 550,000 square feet, with an opening in spring of 2008.

It will include:

18,041 seats for concets.

17,534 seats for Basketball.

16,466 seats for Hockey.

16,346 seats for Arena Football.

6,988 seats for Theatre performances.

It's looking like the new convention center and events center will be $123 Million.

It should have 550,000 square feet, with an opening in spring of 2008.

It will include:

18,041 seats for concets.

17,534 seats for Basketball.

16,466 seats for Hockey.

16,346 seats for Arena Football.

6,988 seats for Theatre performances.

Those are the new arena numbers, the existing arena is going to be converted to additional convention space and the entire convention center (the old arena is in the convention center building, the new arena is not) will be redone. It will be the largest convention center in Oklahoma with over 210,000 sq ft of meeting space and is next door to where the new arena is being built.

FYI, The 550,000 sq ft number should be CUBIC ft. That's the heated volume of the building.

• 9 months later...

Archived