1. 1. Are the temperatures in your area:

• Colder?
    • Warmer?
    • Normal?
    • I don't know

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had a bit over a foot of snow in Providence, down on the Cape they just got smacked by 20 inches last week and had major power outages. It's been a bit warm this week, but our winters don't usually really get going until January.

It's supposed to get up to 70 again today here in Greensboro. I have loved this weather. My girlfriend and I had a picnic and went to the park on saturday. The park was packed full of people. It has definitely been strange, but then again, I think the weather in NC has been weird for the past several years now.

It's been about average. About three weeks ago it got much cooler than normal, with temperatures struggling to reach the 20s during the day, and dipping down to 0 or below at night. Two weeks ago it warmed up to the 40s and 50s, melting the snow. It's been about normal since that time. There is a large snowstorm coming though...we will be getting 6-8".

Around where I live in northern Virginia it has been weirdly warm. The temperature has been in the mid and high 60's. We too ahve been keeping the windows open. I have been able to run outside now because it is not too cold because I ususally run for about 6 miles a day and in the cold that hurts my throat badly. I actually enjoy this warm weather.

Damn, I wish it was summer here in the SF Bay Area; it's been rain, P/C, cloudy, and everything but sunny and clear. California has been battered by strong storms during these past two weeks. There was a cold snap here, but temps are a little colder. I think this is the result of an EL NINO year.

We got two inches of snow last night, with another 5-7 inches coming tonight. We are in a midday break right now. There is more snow further south towards Detroit. The roads are pretty bad. I just got back from downtown, and there were probably 10 cars that had spun off the road on the side of the road on the way back. I'm just glad I wasn't going southbound...there was a semi truck jackknived, blocking 3 of the 4 lanes. Traffic was backed up a good 5 miles or so. Fortunately northbound traffic was moving at a good 80-85 mph, because I really wanted to get back before the second wave of snow and ice started.

Weird here in the 'burgh.

cold then too warm and way way way too much water (we are in a valley that collects water from West Virginia, W. New York State, all of Western Pa. etc.) this after flooding in September?!? Usually like any cold clime area the flooding (IF ANY) is in the spring thaw! There is flooding AGAIN in Pittsburgh Interstate 376 in downtown and the 10th street expressway were both closed for times because of flooding 3-4 MONTHS BEFORE THE SPRING THAW!?! It has been like the "Day after Tommorrow" around here, if you recall the disastrous flooding in some of the low lying cities surrounding Pittsburgh and now this. Also an interstate tunnel was closed and traffic detoured because of . . . mudslides! Weird it is january!

20050106ac_parkway_slidePJ_450.jpg

20050106acwrain_450.jpg

Archived