• Miami
    • Houston
    • Uptown Houston
    • Dallas
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly enough, Miami has not taken advantage of that rail line until very recently.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it is great they are investing in heavy rail and not fooling around with light rail which isn't suitable for a city of Miami's density and size. DC has been transformed by its heavy rail system.

I agree that Atlanta's system has been a disappointment mainly due to funding and the city's lack of vision for it.

I agree that Atlanta's system has been a disappointment mainly due to funding and the city's lack of vision for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is unfortunate too, because it has so much potential. Miami is very unique in that there is a very limited amount of land what with the Everglades and the ocean. Density is mandatory, and that type of transit is almost mandatory too.

Whatabout Houston, I know they have some major plans for their light rail expansion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the best i could find of Houston

I think the other phase of this plane begins later this year or early 2006.

exhibitA1.jpg

This plane is for the first 10 years of the 2025 plan. It looks like they will focus on the city first then the suburbs after this is built in 10 years. There will be a commuter line to Austin and Corpus Christi. Great plan.

^^long overdue for a city of Houston's size. Always wondered if it was the hometown oil industry folks that pushed the skyscraper interstates and massive bus transit rather then invest in some light rail/ HSR. I'd imagine there are some conspiracy theories floating around like that.

• 3 weeks later...

My vote is for Atlanta, with Houston and Dallas second and third.

Atlanta has a number of different plans for expansion of an overall transit system, with trains and busses going all over the place. Included with this is an huge expansion of toll lanes and HOV lanes, that may end up having Bus-Trains(if you will), that will drive up and down them. The newer rail lines, though, aren't really associated with MARTA, although they eventually will be I'm sure. Too many PR problems for MARTA. But don't count Atlanta out, it has some pretty grand plans in the making for its transit system.

Also, for middle sized skylines, I'd have to go with Nashville (which doesn't get enough attention here) and Jacksonville.

• 2 weeks later...

I think those were some pretty nice looking buildings in there.But i go with MIAMI just because its so damn beautiful.Its buildings(at night) are marvelous.Other citiesa are good too but they cant compare to Miami's night shot.

The nightlife on the other hand will (hopefully) come with the upcoming building:METropolitan Miami.Its going to be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

(i know its kind of,off topic)

But ,Ive been to New Orleans and what i liked was that tall bridge that passes over the Mississippi River (i think).Its tall and pretty old.Its next to a train track bridge.It was cool.The buildings arent that great,the dome is ,though.Its humongous.

Although I have a hometown biase for Charlotte, my vote has to most-definitely go to Houston. From the photos, I'm truly impressed my the unique style of architecture and the multiple skylines. Houston has like 10 skylines and I was most impressed with the UPTOWN skyline and how dense it was compared to DOWNTOWN. The density and style definitely gets my vote!

Although I have a hometown biase for Charlotte, my vote has to most-definitely go to Houston. From the photos, I'm truly impressed my the unique style of architecture and the multiple skylines. Houston has like 10 skylines and I was most impressed with the UPTOWN skyline and how dense it was compared to DOWNTOWN. The density and style definitely gets my vote!

My vote wouldn't go to Atlanta. I'm a college student in Atlanta and while it is very scenic driving through downtown on I-85 (its like carving through a canyon of skyscrapers), the skyline overall looks very tacky. All the buildings are very nice, but it looks like they were all picked from different cities are thrown into Atlanta. The city's downtown is all-over-the-place and has no real since of uniformity. I'm more impressed by the Buckhead/Sandy Springs skyline than Downtown.

Archived