They are invading your a city near you!

PghUSA

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04361/432153.stm

During the 1980s and early 1990s no other metro area lost more people then Pittsburgh, and while thats been a huge blow to the metro (used to be the 6th largest market now barely in the top 30) it has spread Steeler and Pirate fans far and wide, as well as ambassadors of the city and the great place it is to the farthest burg from coast to coast. It is pretty unique in modern American history. Great article, hope you all enjoy :thumbsup:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes I've heard it's pretty bad there, most of them though are staying in the tri-state area (if you could call it that) other bay area cities, LA, zona or Nevada. At least that's what I've heard. In Pittsburgh case it was all over the sunbelt and pacific belt in the 80s boom. SF I believe will bounce back some, didn't they have a similar (if not as deep) crunch with the S&L/realestate bust in the early 90s.

I miss all those Pittsburghers and the familys they are raising as Houstonians or San Diegoens or Floridians, but having that kind of network nation wide (all wearing their steelers outfits) is a great feeling. I guess Puerto Rico is the only similar comparison on that, having a "nation" of people spread all over.

Archived