Downtown Jacksonville

bobliocatt

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes yes. Its already November, and its time to celebrate two years of ART WALK. I know that is 24 walks! I can hardly believe it. You can hardly believe it. The event keeps changing for the better and with decent weather predicted today we should see some solid crowds.

Crowds are fun but don't let the weather stop you either. We did base our walk on Seattle

Looks like the agreement on the Landing is near...

Request for proposals to sell The Landing

Mayor's Office officials have requested that the Jacksonville Economic Development Commission add to the Nov. 10 agenda a request for proposals to sell The Landing. The step starts a process that developer Toney Sleiman expects will allow him to begin his planned revitalization of the property by early 2007.

The 11.2-acre property, which The Jacksonville Landing open-air mall sits upon, has been valued at $13.2 million. The request for proposal begins to fulfill an agreement that Sleiman made with the city in March, freeing the city from an obligations such as building an 800-space parking garage. Sleiman said that he and the city were close to a final agreement.

Sleiman has said that he plans to invest between $200 million and $250 million to remake The Landing into a regional entertainment destination, expanding the center from 180,000 square feet to more than 1 million square feet.

TUC, great update!! There is nothing better than sipping a hot cup 'o' joe with a good woman in your arms strolling around downtown and seeing all kinds of fabulous art. Your right about the wet weather too. Everyone tends to huddle into the little shops and under awnings. The wife and I met some pretty cool people that way.

I'm having trouble viewing the pics though..

VIC, this is great news for the Landing. Finally some agreement. The only disappontment is that nothing will be started until 2007.

TUC, great update!! There is nothing better than sipping a hot cup 'o' joe with a good woman in your arms strolling around downtown and seeing all kinds of fabulous art. Your right about the wet weather too. Everyone tends to huddle into the little shops and under awnings. The wife and I met some pretty cool people that way.

I'm having trouble viewing the pics though..

VIC, this is great news for the Landing. Finally some agreement. The only disappontment is that nothing will be started until 2007.

Yeah, what's up with that kind of leadtime ?!

Looks like renovation is in order for Friendship Fountain:

First Coast New Story

While I'm glad to see this, do we really need to pay somebody $75,000 to give his recommendations on this thing.

I've decided I'm going to partake in this consultant thing. I have three bathrooms in my house. I'll offer someone $25 to tell me which bathroom is the best for my rear end.

Looks like renovation is in order for Friendship Fountain:

First Coast New Story

While I'm glad to see this, do we really need to pay somebody $75,000 to give his recommendations on this thing.

I've decided I'm going to partake in this consultant thing. I have three bathrooms in my house. I'll offer someone $25 to tell me which bathroom is the best for my rear end.

I'm with you. They could have called me, I would have told them, "Let's do it ! Why isn't it already done ?", all for the low, low price of $499.99 !

:)

A couple updates:

The Southbank Riverwalk has been completely pressure washed. It almost looks new... well... it looks better.

There is an environmental testing truck in the Aetna parking lot drilling down and presumably doing some environmental testing. Could this be a step toward a building on that site?

The Northbank Riverwalk has been completed up to the east end of where Berkman Plaza Phase II will sit.

On a completely different note.....

From my inside source at Fidelity (my girlfriend), apparently the Guest Lodge is a no go (thank god!).

No work yet on what that particular portion of the property will be used for.....

Also Moderators - Do we need to kick something to change the clock back to standard time on the site? I'm still "Sprung Ahead"!

Archived