The Spur At Williams-Brice

The_sandlapper

Don't know how many people have seen this site but this is what the new condos across from Williams Brice will look like. I know there is another developer in town that plans on building similair condos around the Research Campus. That's better than what I thought they would do. I figured they would build out in Irmo/St. Andrews, or North East somewhere.

The Spur

1104342639_762168036.jpg

1104342562_13800044.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^The first time I heard about it was last year (2004) in the fall. Not sure how long it has been on the back burner though? But the city always has great ideas for stuff that seems to take forever before anything gets going (Canalside, State Hospital site, etc..) However the condos that are supposed to be built near the Research Campus happened pretty quickly. I remember reading an article about it last fall/winter and now they are going to start building soon. Not sure what they will look like though?

Thats the way I see it. The Gameday condos are apperently going up somewhere around the Research Park/Campus, while the Spur that we see here is obviously going to have a front-row seat to the stadium. Somehow, I think they will have no trouble selling these in a reasonable time. :lol:

Yes my friends those I believe these are two different things. Gameday is going to be downtown right? The Spur will be across from Williams Brice same side as the Cock-ca-buse is what it looks like.

I remember reading an article afew months ago about a developer from Atlanta or something like that said he didn't want to build in the area near the stadium b/c it wasn't prime real estate and that noone would buy condos there. I believe that's the same developer of the Gameday project b/c he is developing projects in Athens, and Clemson as well.

That is correct. The gameday condos will be close to the University in the area near where Wilshire House is now. (one of my favorite residential highrises in Columbia) The Spur will be right next to Williams-Brice Stadium, where some warehouses and the Stadium restaurant are now. My understanding is that there are only 20 units not yet sold in the The Spur. Here are pictures of Wilshire House in Columbia.

Wilsh.jpg

Wilshi.jpg

• 2 months later...

I read in my Spurs and Feathers last week that "The Spur" is breaking ground tomorrow, March 16th. Also, another development on the same street as "The Spur" will break ground soon. Condos that are supposedly almost sold out. I don't remember the name though.

Archived