Lake Murray building a resort

The_sandlapper

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my! I didn't see that. They'll be up in arms about that over there. Remember the fight over those tall-ish condos ... and there was something else recently but I can't remember what.

One thing I've always thought would be successful over there is a shoreline shopping/restaurant area with townhomes and such. I always pictured it like a little version of Portofino, Italy, but with a more appropriately local design.

looking_portofino.jpg

It'd be awesome if some developer would come in and buy the increasingly crappy Yatch Cove, level it and build something like this. :)

Yeah I saw an artist rendering in the neighbors section, but of course I can't find it right now!!! Anyway the thing is pretty big!!! It looks like it's supposed to be on the coast somewhere!

By the way I love that rendering that would look awesome at Lake Murray! I wouldn't be suprised to see something like that go up in the near future, mabye not in Lexington Co., but Newberry.

Yeah there's alot going on and I think it's only just the begining! Once the campus gets going and if the city gets the mysterious auto executive to build a plant here it will definately be a hotbed! Hell, I think it will take off even without the rumored plant. It's just the right time for it too happen! People are realizing the opportunities in the south and everyone can't fit in Atlanta, Charlotte, & Raleigh-Durham. If there are other cities out there with similair opportunities and ammenities (Columbia, Greenville, Charleston) then people will take notice and move there too. It's funny the area has always had the right ingredients but never had that spark! Right now I still don't believe a spark has been lit. I think a line leading too the dynamite is being established!

Archived