Year in Review : 2004 US Northeast US Part 2

hkskyline

August in New York

I was based in Philly but visited New York for five consecutive days thanks to the cheap Chinatown buses. It was cheaper to commute than to pay for the hotel.

On Day 1, I got off the bus near City Hall after noticing a jam into the final Chinatown stop. After stumbling around a few blocks not knowing where I was going, I came across Brooklyn Bridge. What a surprise!

Brooklyn Bridge

52867.jpg

52868.jpg

52869.jpg

52870.jpg

52871.jpg

Here is another Dennis Trident :

52872.jpg

Next stop was a quick hot dog lunch and then meeting vincent for a walk around Central Park. The food was terrible. Well, it was much worse than the US$40 sushi buffet in Midtown back in April. Contrast that to the French restaurant in Old Montreal that only costed about CAD$300 for 5 people just a few months before ... that was a much better deal. But then, everything in New York is more expensive!

Around Central Park

5ave-04.jpg

cpark03.jpg

cpark06.jpg

The Fairmont hotel in New York was a lot nicer than the one I stayed in in Montreal!

cpark01.jpg

After I first posted these photos, I realized that photos are not allowed at the AOL Time Warner Center. How come vincent and I didn't get in trouble? Our cameras were snapping photos quite prominently!

aol02.jpg

aol00.jpg

Skyscrapers

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN1394.jpg

RIMG8476.jpg

52899.jpg

Macy's! - Why didn't I go inside?

52898.jpg

Continued in part 3 ...

• Replies 3
  • Created