SouthPark's unwritten dress code

DigitalSky

"I prefer a mall where teenagers aren't running around wild, using filthy language, and hanging out in the parking lots."

Wow, then you must never go to a mall.  The spoiled rotten teenagers who run amuck at South Park are even worse than those at Eastland.  They just have rich parents who threaten to sue when security says something to their children.

You just don't notice these teenagers because they are white.  There have been more  assaults, shootings, and breakin-ins at Southpark mall in the last year.  But of course you are not afraid of crime, you're justa fraid of black people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the last 15 years, I have been in Eastland twice and Southpark 3 times. And I have not been in either one since before the 21st century started. So you are correct, I don't bother with the malls that much. As I said earlier, they don't have anything for sale that I really want. And BTW, I certainly do notice spoiled ill mannered teeny boppers.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I prefer a mall where teenagers aren't running around wild, using filthy language, and hanging out in the parking lots."

Wow, then you must never go to a mall.  The spoiled rotten teenagers who run amuck at South Park are even worse than those at Eastland.  They just have rich parents who threaten to sue when security says something to their children.

You just don't notice these teenagers because they are white.  There have been more  assaults, shootings, and breakin-ins at Southpark mall in the last year.  But of course you are not afraid of crime, you're justa fraid of black people.

I give you sources:

On a different Saturday night last month, a large group of teens -- many of them Kings and their female counterparts, the Queens -- squeeze onto the last bus going from Eastland Mall to the uptown transit center.As soon as they get off the bus, security guards ask what bus they are waiting for and tell them to stand near its loading bay.

About The Kings & Queens:

The Kings are original to Charlotte and not affiliated with any national group. Members say two gangsters from California moved here, met and started the gang about 10 years ago. Some say the name is a play on "Queen City" but others say King was part of the name of the original members' gangs in California.

Charlotte area: Police have documented at least 125 members but say there could be four times that many. It is believed to be the largest gang in Charlotte.

Colors: Black and gray.

Ethnicity: Predominantly black, though a few members are of other races. Some groups of Kings say they only allow black people to join.

Affiliation: They associate closely with an all-female gang called Queens. Many Queens are sisters, cousins or girlfriends of Kings.

http://www.macon.com/mld/charlotte/news/sp...ngs/6943007.htm

Police say the gangs are using city busses to venture out.

Eastland Mall is a popular stop.

To combat the problem the mall is thinking about a curfew, requiring all young teens to be with a parent or guardian on weekend nights.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcn...s.6ad1c2c5.html

Shooting reported at Eastland Mall

A third shooting at a crowded shopping mall in two weeks was reported Thursday night at Eastland Mall.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...g.3c81c633.html

At Eastland Mall, for example, nearly 150 people were involved in a parking lot fight in March. About a dozen people were arrested, most of them teenagers.Eastland now has a "mall ambassadors" program of coaches, teachers and other volunteers who roam the mall weekend nights. Their goal: talk to kids and stop problems before they start.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/charl...ng/10353686.htm

Police believe an argument at Eastland Mall led to a series of fights at the uptown transit center Wednesday night that led to one arrest.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Capt. Keith Dinkins said between 30 and 40 people, most of them teens, caused a disruption that brought about a dozen officers to the transit center on East Trade Street.

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/charlotte/news/8434582.htm

At 7 p.m. May 20, a dozen or members of Metrolina Prayer Network plan to gather at the mall and pray that God will bring peace to the area and the people who shop there. "If you cannot be present personally," the prayer group wrote in its newsletter, "please pray with us from wherever you are, that God will move in the lives of the youth that frequent the mall, that He will protect and bless them and those who shop there, that gang activity will cease ..."

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/charlotte/news/8591186.htm

I don't know, but if someone is shooting at me with a gun I could care less if they are in a gang.

Weren't the Southpark shootings in the air and related to robbery attempts? There is a difference between a robbery attempt and crime and gang ridden communities.

Actually one of the Southpark shootings was part of a gang initiation whereby the inductee has to prove himself by stealing something.

Charlotte has a gang problem...and that includes Southpark...its not a walled city last time I checked.

It includes all part of the city, but moreso certain areas, admit it, Eastland Mall is one of those areas that are affected more by this.

When was the last time you were at Eastland Mall?

I used to BEG my Mom to take me all the time because I loved going. I stopped going when it became a terrible area to be in and around. It's a crime ridden area of Charlotte, I can't help it, but I can choose not to be in and around that area. I haven't been to Eastland Mall in probably four years, and the last time I went it was to get an eye exam. I've since switched to the same organization at Southpark.

It includes all part of the city, but moreso certain areas, admit it, Eastland Mall is one of those areas that are affected more by this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL...thats like forcing me to admit that the sky is blue on a clear day. Of course there is crime in the area...and probably more gang related crime than in the Southpark area...but I am also aware of the reality that its the norm to go to Eastland and not have any crime commited against me. I don't hold anything against you for chosing to not go there...thats your choice...but let me tell you...you are missing out on better selection at the American Eagle and Express store...but then again...those might not be your type of stores.

Archived