World Golf Village

caribcgal

Can you tell me what the archeitecture and landscaping is like at the Aquatic center and club houses at WGV? visited area early dec. but only saw area arund golf Hall of Fame & nice Publix. I've seen website but wanted to see what real folks thought of it. I did extensively drive around Palencia off US ! which is stunning! Also are there any beaches in St augustine that can not be driven on? I hope! that is the silliest thing to let people drive on a beach with little kids running around and peopple trying to relax! I've lived by beach in mid-atlantic all my life and that would be horrible and extremely dangerous! REally liked the area but very concerned about all the homes, develpments, being built!?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't really comment on WGV or Palencia, since I've never done much more than drive past them. I've heard that both projects, particularly WGV, have had sales problems since they are (for the moment) in the middle of nowhere.

However, I did want to mention that a couple teenagers were run over and killed on St Augustine beaches in the past few years. So yes, it can obviously be quite dangerous sometimes. You can't drive on the beaches north of St. Augustine along A1A, but good luck finding public access points.

As for St. Johns county in general, there's going to be TONS of development in the near future. Pretty much the entire Northwest quadrant of the county has been purchased by developers. A few hundred acres here and there are still timberlands, but even they will be sold eventually. Basically look at WGV and draw a line north to Jacksonville and West to the St. John's river ... and ALL of that is going to be turned into suburban sprawl-land.

I can't really comment on WGV or Palencia, since I've never done much more than drive past them. I've heard that both projects, particularly WGV, have had sales problems since they are (for the moment) in the middle of nowhere.

However, I did want to mention that a couple teenagers were run over and killed on St Augustine beaches in the past few years. So yes, it can obviously be quite dangerous sometimes. You can't drive on the beaches north of St. Augustine along A1A, but good luck finding public access points.

As for St. Johns county in general, there's going to be TONS of development in the near future. Pretty much the entire Northwest quadrant of the county has been purchased by developers. A few hundred acres here and there are still timberlands, but even they will be sold eventually. Basically look at WGV and draw a line north to Jacksonville and West to the St. John's river ... and ALL of that is going to be turned into suburban sprawl-land.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it will, we've got several projects, at work, that's going to eat up 1,000's of acres between CR 210 in Northern St. Johns County and SR 100, just South of Palm Coast. Its kind of ironic contributing to sprawl, but right now, I got to pay the bills some way.

Archived