Great minor league ballparks

cityboi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

Cohen Stadium in El Paso Texas, home of the El Paso Diablos. Only caught a few seasons at this stadium before I moved, they are another stadium closer to downtown I watched a lot of seasons growing up.

elpaso2.jpg

elpaso1.jpg

elpaso3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

great shots, I am such a huge minor league baseball fan. Their stadiums are smaller and more intimate. So they almost always offer a great view andlocation downtown, and many times have a good architect who designs the ballpark, so they are typically eyepleasing without the big ugly parking lot. (most of the time anyway).

AutoZone Park in Memphis is one of the best parks in the Minors. Not a bad seat in the house, and the place feels like old time baseball. Great atmosphere in and around the park as well. Louisville's Slugger Field isn't bad, either -- it's a shame the area around it isn't better. Nashville is finally getting on the bandwagon and building a new park for the Sounds...time to retire Greer (finally). Here's a rendering of a possible new Minor League stadion / Mixed Use development in downtown Nashville:

rendering_lg.jpg

Funding for the project is still up in the air, and just securing the site has taken an act of Congress (well, not really). Check out more info here: Nashville Sounds Stadium News

Falconi Field Pittsburgh's Southern Suburbs:

washpa.jpg

The Pittsburgh Area's Falconi Field (Home of the Frontier League Wildthings) isn't the biggest or most elaborate minor league park but it when compared with arguably THE most elaborate major league park downtown (The Pirates PNC Park) it has some very unique and fan oriented assets to offer . . . like hottubs in Pennsylvania! lol.

Falconi4.JPG

falconi_field04a.gif

washpa3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Being from the Buffalo area I have to say Dunn Tire park. It's a great place to see a ball game at. Friday nights they have fire works after the game.

I also have to say Hadlock Field in Portland Maine. Being going up to the Portland area the last few years and always go to 3-4 games. Now that the are part of the Red Soxs family and have added the mini green monster in the outfield it's even better.

Archived