Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urban addict 20324

Ryugyong Hotel

10 posts in this topic

This project was supposted to be completed over a decade ago, but for reasons unknown, work stopped right after it was topped out.

This hotel, if it was completed, would have been the world's tallest at 330m and 105 floors. It was supposed to have 3,000 rooms :w00t: , but

now, it's nothing more than a big concrete pyramid that's crumbling there's also a lonely crane still sitting on top of this massive structure. -_-

NKPyrmd.jpg

dprk2_10.jpg

View of Pyongyang, the hotel is on the far right.

yugyong.jpg

Incredible tower actually, its a tower of horror but very unique and impressive. But why the hell do they suddenly need 3 000 hotell rooms in Pyongyang?

Nice info on this never knew about this project, seems creepy.

:wacko::wacko: It's a crazy project; I think even though if it was finished, those 3,000 rooms would never fill up because I'm guess N. Korea doesn't have that much tourism due to it's isolated status. :huh:

Thanks for posting that. I always wondered what that tower was when watching programs about that horrible country.

It's nothing more than a huge concrete shell right now, I dunno what are they going to do with it.

It's nothing more than a huge concrete shell right now, I dunno what are they going to do with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nuclear silo anyone? :(:P

nuclear silo anyone?  :(  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could be :huh: But up close its ugly and i pitty them for starting such a project :rofl:

I've heard the concrete used to build this is likely of poor quality and thus the entire building is structurally unsound. The waste is so colossal it's mind boggling.

On the other hand, that is easily the most perfect building to use as the HQ of an evil empire. Very big and very menacing!

Check out this excellent picture. The building looks like hell!!

ryugyong.JPG

Hmmm, very curious. Yeah, I'd say it's something illegal. Why else would they waste so much money on something like this?