Cities that you have obsessions with

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about being obessed by i am fond of and very interested in quite a few cities like:

Honolulu

Seattle

Portland

San Francisco

New York

Boston

Montreal

Vancouver

London

Rio De Janeiro

Buenos Aires

Sydney

Melbourne

Singapore

Miami

San Diego

Chicago

Amsterdam

Paris

Rome

Athens

Cairo

Tokyo

Hong Kong

Shanghai

Lisboa

Madrid

St. Petersburg

Capetown

Istanbul

Seoul

Minneapolis

Growing interests in:

Philadelphia

Atlanta (I really like the skyscrapers there)

Dubai

Bangkok

Kuala Lumpur

I don't know about being obessed by i am fond of and very interested in quite a few cities like:

Buenos Aires

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been in Buenos Aires? It is considered the NY of the south. I, unfortunately haven't, but it is still one of my favorite cities.

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Of the cities in the US that I have been to at such a young age, I am impressed with Charlotte(my home, not just saying that b/c it's where I live, but b/c it truly is amazing and is going through a skyscraper BOOM!...Houston,Tulsa,Dallas,Nashville,Atlanta

Medium sized(in downtowns):DC,Oklahoma City,San Antonio,Raleigh,Winston-Salem,Baltimore,Fort Worth.

Small: Greensboro,Macon,Greenville,Columbia,Charelston,Savannah,Annapolis.

not so impressed with: Austin(even though they people say it's the perfect Texas city..nothing spectacular),Memphis (alot happening but dirty and old looking),Orlando,Jacksonville.

Of the cities in the US that I have been to at such a young age, I am impressed with Charlotte(my home, not just saying that b/c it's where I live, but b/c it truly is amazing and is going through a skyscraper BOOM!...Houston,Tulsa,Dallas,Nashville,Atlanta

Medium sized(in downtowns):DC,Oklahoma City,San Antonio,Raleigh,Winston-Salem,Baltimore,Fort Worth.

Small: Greensboro,Macon,Greenville,Columbia,Charelston,Savannah,Annapolis.

I'm not so impressed with: Austin(even though they people say it's the perfect Texas city..nothing spectacular),Memphis (alot happening but dirty and old looking),Orlando,Jacksonville.

The cities outside of the US that i would like to see are Hong Kong,Kuala Lumpur,Shanghai,Sydney,Dubai, and Taipei

• 4 weeks later...

Amsterdam, by far my favorite city, the absolute best medium size city.

Also Worcester, MA, which is where I live....I think most are obsessed with their own home cities

Hoboken, NYC, Gary, Detroit, San Francisco, Camden, Boston....a strange mix if you will. I love the classic successful, well designed urban center, but I am also intrigued and hungry for knowledge about these othere once decent or great cities that is now in ruins

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know enough about foreign cities to rank them, so here are my US cities:

#1.) Detroit

#2.) D.C.

#3.) Atlanta

#4.) San Fransisco

#5.) New York City

#6.) Houston

#7.) New Orleans

#8.) Charleston, SC

#9.) Charlotte

#10.) Orlando

(Boston, Chicago, and Philly are close behind)

Don't know why, but I am in love with Detroit. If it was hotter, I would move there in a heartbeat!!!.....

**I like a lot of southern cities**

Atlanta, USA

Auckland, New Zealand

Austin, USA

Barcelona, Spain

Bogota, Colombia

Boston, USA

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Cairo, Egypt

Caracas, Venezuela

Chicago, USA

Detroit, USA

Dubai, UAE

Hong Kong, China

Istanbul, Turkey

Jacksonville, USA

Lagos, Nigeria

Lisbon, Portugal (my favorite)

London, UK

Los Angeles, USA

Melbourne, Australia

Mexico DF, Mexico

Minsk, Belarus

Montevideo, Uruguay

Montreal, Canada

Moscow, Russia

New York, USA

Panama City, Panama

Paris, France

Philadelphia, USA

Pyongyang, DPRK

Quebec, Canada

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Santa Clara, Cuba

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Shanghai, China

Teheran, Iran

Tokyo, Japan

Toronto, Canada

Cities I have obsessions with? As in, places I am fascinated by for reasons I can ill explain? Even places to which I've never been? Oh, the list goes on...

Fresno, California (why? I don't know. I've never been. But I yearn for it.)

Cedar City, Utah (okay, so, I used to play this computer game, Railroad Tycoon? Cedar City was a city in that game. Good a reason as any for an obsession.)

Tulsa, Oklahoma (utterly baseless, yet I simply MUST go there!)

Rapid City, South Dakota (I imagine it must be very pretty near there.)

Mentone, Texas (unincorporated seat of the least populous county in America. Admit it: you're obsessed with the place, too.)

Cheboygan, Michigan (went through there last year. I want to buy a nice little cottage on the lake and spend my summers there.)

Richmond, Virginia (possibly my favorite city in America. I almost had the chance to move there once, but...)

Garden City, Kansas (again, inexplicable. But I do dearly love it. It was to be the capital of a new state once, 10-12 years ago.)

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (if they could get the street crime under control it would be the next great city of Asia.)

Oh, there are so many more. But you get the idea.

I absolutely Love Charlotte...It has grown so much in the past 10 years and has so much going for it.....also love Boston, Atlanta, Charleston,SC, NYC, Athens, and some cities I would love to go to are Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, Phoenix, Toronto, London, Paris, Istanbul, Casablanca, Rome, Tokyo and San Juan, PR

Absolutely on top is my hometown of Norfolk,VA followed by my current home Washington, DC.

Norfolk, VA.

Washington, DC

Baltimore, MD

Atlanta, GA

Boston, Mass.

Nashville, Tenn.

Detroit, Mich.

Chicago, Ill

San Diego, CA

St. Louis, Missouri

Cleveland, Ohio

Columbus, Ohio