How many like learning from "Insomniac"

PghUSA

Call me crazy but Insomniac I've always thought was a cool concept. For those of you wondering what I'm talking about its a show here in the states where a comedian takes a tour of after dark cities each week, talks to the folks, goes clubbing, goes to a few spots that make that city unique. Kind of a Discovery channel meets night at Funnybone.

They have yet to get up to Pittsburgh . . . although they have done one episode on nearby (partly in metro re:regional chamber) West Virginia and even descended a coal mine!

Just wondering if others appreciate the kind of fun education that show provides and what you're favorite cities (episodes) were that they have done.

Seeing the coal mine in W.V. and the midnight sun in Anchorage (along with the Reindeer sausage plant) were my two.

Interested in hearing yours!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the Rio epsidoe where they went to a midnight Capoeria meeting. I've always had an interest in little-known martial arts so I thought it was cool to actually see the dance/fighting style in action.

I never liked Dave Attel's standup, but I do like the show. And it is strangely educational for Comedy Central.

I liked the Rio epsidoe where they went to a midnight Capoeria meeting. I've always had an interest in little-known martial arts so I thought it was cool to actually see the dance/fighting style in action.

I never liked Dave Attel's standup, but I do like the show. And it is strangely educational for Comedy Central.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Rio one was pretty cool, too bad they had to censor that one some :P

I watched the first couple of seasons of the show. Dave Attel is great, and you do learn some interesting things about the cities he visits. I always felt that the more interesting episodes were when he was in smaller towns. I guess part of that would be that a smaller town would be willing to let dave have more leeway with what he does versus larger cities who are used to cameras and aren't as accommodating.

Archived