• Raleigh
    • Richmond
    • Lexington
    • Knoxville

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My order would go something like this:

1. Richmond - although boxy, it makes up for it in density.

2. Charlotte - the Hearst is my favorite skyscraper.

3. Jaksonville - Unique skyline that raises on both sides of a large river.

4-T. Birmingham - well composed, a nice mix of old & new.

4-T. Louisville - Great collection of modern towers.

5. Nashville - Batman is impressive.

6. Memphis - density is there, it now needs a signature modern tower.

7. Raleigh - could use more towers for a city its size.

8. Lexington - There's some suprisingly tall, towers in this city.

9. Knoxville - looks better at street level.

I'm with wolfdawg; I like the way Jacksonville looks. I've then got to give Charlotte props for BOA and Hearst. Without them, nice, but not spectacular. Nashville, home, is third with its balance and breadth.

Shouldn't New Orleans be in this grouping? If so, it gets my first place vote.

After that, imo, comes Memphis, Louisville, Birmingham, Richmond in no particular order.

The others seem to be about the same. One, that's not on the list is Winston-Salem...and I really like the way it looks.

Fingers are definately crossed. I think the building in most, if not all, of its current configuration will happen. The developer continues to buy land downtown so he's intent continuing his stamp on downtown. He just bought some more parcels in SoBro and has teamed with Novare on some property just outside the Gulch.

In this week's news. The zoning variance has been granted for the Adelicia Lofts, the 18-story condo/retail in the midtown area.

Yesterday, I read in the Biz Journal that Alex Palmer just closed on the property the old lodge sits on at the West End Summit site. One of his people was quoted in saying they hope to have the buildings completed in two years. It's been said this isn't a serious proposal, but I think it's everything serious. Palmer paid the lodge 3.6 million for the little site...sounds serious to me. I look to see some bulldozers soon.

Those developments won't do anything for downtown's central core, but its impact on Nashville's central city skylines will be enormous.

Columbia's skyline is pretty decent for a mid sized city? But I guess I have to choose Charlotte?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Columbia were in that list, I would have likely chosen it. However, those cities listed all seem to be of relatively similar size. Columbia has some catching up to do population wise. However, the skyline is perfect for a city its size B)

I was going to do this after the big city one. You are lacking Tulsa, Little Rock, and Oklahoma City. All city's with stellar skylines, that could wipe out any southeastern middle sized skyline. You are also lacking N' Orleans.

Archived