• Jacksonville
    • Nasvhille
    • Louisville
    • Charlotte
    • Raleigh
    • Richmond
    • Lexington
    • Knoxville

Whoever said that Charlotte, NC could possible compete with Atlanta's skyline must be crazy. Atlanta's skyline is so much bigger. Just Buckhead's skyline is bigger than Charlotte's. There is no way you can compare Charlotte's skyline with Atlanta's. Charlotte's skyline is 30+ years behind Atlanta's. Atlanta has one of the best skylines of any city. The two cities just don't compare in anything. Charlotte's skyline is a joke to Atlanta's  :rofl: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first of all u dont know what u r talking about just because atlanta have alot more downtown buildings that doesnt make it better than charlotte...im from ny and i live in charlotte now but travel back from time to time ....4 one atlantal skyscrapers are spreaded out like crazy trying to make it look like ny or chicago or a real city and atlanta is very small as in size not counting cities around it , thats what makes atlanta...if u take away all the little towns and cities around it the so called "atl" wouldnt be nothing and u know it and as far as the job market goes and best places to live i do believe that charlotte medium household income is alot better than atlanta and charlotte was ahead of atl in the best places 2 live and open u a business and and another thing is t :D hat charlotte doesnt have the cities and towns around it that are already established like atl so charlotte is alone , so now take atl alone which is better....um i do believe that charlotte beats atl by far read up on yo facts just because u are from ga and live there dont just say things that dont have facts and stats to prove it.....and the atl is already established it has been 4 a while and charlotte has just started grwoing about 15 yrs ago so when atlanta first started growing it wasnt no way near the size of charlotte and it didnt have all the culture and things to do like charlotte has and if charlotte was so called came out the same time atl did charlotte would be ahead of them by far and atl isnt go nna grow anymore and charlotte is bigger right now if u ant to get technical about it read yo almanac.........so the thing u said about charlote doesnt compare to atl and it is behind like 30 yrs who are u trying to convince your self because thats not true at all charlotte can grow alot more while atl doesnt have any room its done..........from the mouth of a new yorker

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first of all u dont know what u r talking about just because atlanta have alot more downtown buildings that doesnt make it better than charlotte...im from ny and i live in charlotte now but travel back from time to time ....4 one atlantal skyscrapers are spreaded out like crazy  trying to make it look like ny or chicago or a real city and atlanta is very small as in size not counting cities around it , thats what makes atlanta...if u take away all the little towns and cities around it  the so called "atl"  wouldnt be nothing and u know it and as far as the job market goes and best places to live i do believe that charlotte medium household income is alot better than atlanta and charlotte was ahead of atl in the best places 2 live and open u a business and  and another thing is t :D hat charlotte doesnt have the cities and towns around it that are already established like atl so charlotte is alone , so now take atl alone which is better....um i do believe that charlotte beats atl by far read up on yo facts just because u are from ga and live there dont just say things that dont have facts and stats to prove it.....and the atl is already established it has been 4 a while and charlotte has just started grwoing about 15 yrs ago so when atlanta first started growing it wasnt no way near the size of charlotte and it didnt have all the culture and things to do like charlotte has and if charlotte was so called came out the same time atl did charlotte would be ahead of them by far and atl isnt go nna grow anymore and charlotte is bigger right now if u ant to get technical about it  read yo almanac.........so the thing u said about charlote doesnt compare to atl and it is behind like 30 yrs who are u trying to convince your self because thats not true at all charlotte can grow alot more while atl doesnt have any room its done..........from the mouth of a new yorker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the city vs. city thing doesn't go over too well here just to let ya know. but welcome to the forums and try not to let city pride get the best of ya.

Gotta admit, Nashville is a beautiful city... and I don't use that word (beautiful) often. Up until recently though, I never thought it had much of a skyline. But now it looks like it's starting to fill in quite nicely. Lots of cities (same size or even smaller) have taller, but I'm struck by breadth and variety of buildings (i.e. not all 70's or PoMo or Beachfront tacky). That's why I voted for the 'ville. Plus, it's hard to beat the natural setting. I can only think of a few large cities that do (SF, DEN, SD, SEA maybe a couple of others).

My favorite medium city skyline is Charlotte even though it looks smaller than it actually is , I visited alot of other cities in the world and the difference is Charlotte's skyline has alot of other buildings that are tall but they are behind a much taller building making it impossible to see and most cities downtown skyscrapers are spreaded out making it look bigger. This city is building up alot like my city (NY) with alot residential towers downtown, not alot of useless space between skyscrapers,more nightlife moving to the downtown area everytime I go,alot of different cab companies ...lol...but it has some ways to go but it's very clean unlike NY and most of the people you talk to here are not from here they are mostly from the northern states and they seem to like it here and I also like Nashville....

BREWER....you are very wrong when you say there's nothing going on in Jacksonville and Charlotte. You are extremely biased. I am a realistic Charlotte native and I'll be the first the tell you that...yea...my city is sorta-uptight and has a more business feel to it. But, I do know that in the next 5-10 years...Charlotte is transitioning into the next phase of downtown, suburban, and in-fill development. Although I've never been to Nashville, I'm sure that its a great city and most-likely has way more culture than we do here in Charlotte as far as your city's emphasis on country music is concerned. But, to make a statement that makes your city superior to Jacksonville and Charlotte, who are both constructing projects that REALISTICALLY surpass the developments that are underway in Nashville was pure...."genius."

For one thing, you named a building in Nashville that is going to be taller than the Trademark in downtown Charlotte...SOOOOO! Thats just one building....and who would even take the time to compare the heights of some underconstruction residential towers. Charlotte also beats Nashville out with a new arena, a number of highrise(15-40 floors) buildings, the total redevelopment of the Midtown/Elizabeth area, and the construction of our first light rail line....starting @ the end of February...just to name a few. Then to insult Jacksonville, who also beats Nashville out not only in climate, geography, and location for the SuperBowl....they're also setting themselves up to be a truly dominant city on the scale of Miami.

So next time you want to be biased, look into the aspect of being realistic. All three of these cities are great models of growth and development...they just go about it in their own different, unique ways.

Did you read what i wrote later. I was wrong about charlotte. Jacksonville is not as clear. Nasvhille and Jax are pretty equal. You should read all of the conversation before you get all over me.

Nasvhilles build there first light rail, we built a new areana like 8 years ago, Nasvhille also has many other projects. Nasville is or ALREADY HAS done alot of the things that you mentioned.

There is more to nasvhille than Country music.

You are right, all three cities are good models.

To me, Charlotte, Nashville, and Jacksonville are the most comparable cities in the South. Comparing who was taller buildings, who built their arena first and who has more infill today doesn't mean much. All of that can change tomorrow. These areas all have in the ballpark of 1 million people. They each have a unique but active downtown. 2 of them are working on rail systems. Jax has that skyway thing (though it doesn't account for much), and I am suprised that Jax has not begun an effort to make an LRT.They are all excellent cities IMO.

Archived