Question regarding real estate

Limited

I was wondering if anyone had any information (or links) regarding new apartment or townhouses being built (in the next year or two) in downtown tampa or ybor that are affordable for a college student to purchase (not rent). Let me clarify, around $300,000 with a few bedrooms.

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:w00t: I wish that I considered $300,000 "affordable." But seriously, I know nothing about the tampa market, but for that price you can get a pretty decent (if not damn good) condo in almost any downtown in America. with the except of a *VERY* few major markets. Best of luck to you!

I actually have a friend who is selling a 2 story antebellum home built in 1984 its off of Dale Mabry in North Tampa . . . true not Ybor City or Downtown, but not that far of a commute away. $300,000 what business you been in?

I was wondering if anyone had any information (or links) regarding new apartment or townhouses being built (in the next year or two) in downtown tampa or ybor that are affordable for a college student to purchase (not rent). Let me clarify, around $300,000 with a few bedrooms.

Thanks for your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's a couple and the links to their websites. There are some more in Ybor that I'll add later.

Downtown

Art Center Lofts

rendering.jpg

www.artcenterlofts.com

Residences @ Franklin

165.jpg

www.theresidencesonfranklinstreet.com

Park Crest at Harbour Island

rendering_bigger.jpg

www.parkcrestharhourisland.com

One Bayshore

rendering.jpg

www.crescent-resources.com

Channel District

The Meridian

home2Rendering.jpg

www.meridianlofts.com

Victory Lofts

lt_vb_pic2.gif

www.victorylofts.com

• 2 weeks later...

If you are willing to live in the Hyde Park /SOHO area, there is plenty in that price range. It is a really great area to live and about a 4 or 5 minute drive to Downtown.

You can goto this site and find alot of stuff

real estate

You can search by zip. Hyde Perk /SOHO is 33606, Channelside and DT is 33602, Ybor is 33605. Be careful with 33605. If it doesn't say it's in the Ybor Historic district, it is probably not the best area.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can buy a decent house with that money u dont even need to live in a hi-rise but its all depends on the person, how can u afford 300,000? :o

Hi gang since you all seem to be somewhat real estate inclined I thought I would give you a few links to investigate options with! Enjoy :blink:

GENERAL REAL ESTATE

Top Picks

www.realestateabc.com/top100/top100.asp?Cat=1 (top 100 sites) Michael

www.totalrealestatesolutions.com (totally useful all around resource)

www.rebuz.com (a most solid directory of R.E. related information) Tom

www.reals.com (another great starting off point to find what you need) Michael

www.realestate4.com (a monstrous directory to get you going) Michael, again!

www.linkre.com (again, a huge directory to get you moving) Mike you rule

www.dealmakerscafe.com (creative investment education and support) Scott

www.propertysites.com (friends of fizbo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Limited, you have to define "few bedrooms." I have both properties in Parkcrest Harbour Island and Grand Central Channelside. 300-350k can give you around 1200 sq ft, most likely 2bed/2bath. 3 bedrooms are running upper 450's and on... in the Channelside, Downtown Tampa and Harbour Island area. Also, be prepared to put down 20% (you may get lucky sometimes with 10%) while under contract. Ybor area may be comparable right now and might give you the best options for that price range; area is up and upcoming.

Marc

Archived