Americas 50 Hottest Cities 2005

The_sandlapper

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smelly, where'd you get that picture of my cat? lol

Nashville is a unique, often misunderstood place, but in my space, my head, and as a place that feeds my soul and imagination, I couldn't see myself coming home to anywhere else. There are so many places all over this country and world that fascinate me, but one that I'm most at peace with is my own hometown. Watching it prosper and grow not only physically, but in ways that are shaped by many forward thinking, ambitious, sometimes cautious leaders are giving me hope that our city and its neighborhoods are doing many things to correct the missteps of the past that most cities fell victim to during the suburbanization of America. Long live our cities.

• 1 month later...

Cool, well at least my hometown got in the top 50...but still, it only managed to beat Sumter in the SC State rankings?! I thought for certain that Charleston would beat Columbia. Greenville I wasn't so sure about. Charleston really needs to step up its development efforts.

Maybe once the Cooper River bridge is finished, it will spawn HUGE amounts of development downtown and elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second such list I've seen Baltimore on; it was named one of Business 2.0's "Next Boom Towns" in March 04, which surprised me. I have a lot of family there and I really like the town, but I admit I still think of it as a failing city, not an up-and-comer.

Also, this list was purportedly designed to reflect the views of relocation managers. Okay. Sounds nice. It's certainly something I'd want to read about. But which relocation managers, precisely, are steering business toward:

Sumter? You mean there is a Sumter beyond Shaw AFB?

Longview? The same town Green Day wrote a song about that prominently featured self love?

Hattiesburg? Really? I mean, I know they have Southern Miss and all, but...

Hattiesburg?

Archived