Solaire

Rick 2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think North Orange Towers has not "sold" any units. There are reservations (put down $5,000), mostly local brokers... and not a single purchase contract has been signed on this property, as I understand it. The developer has not been forthcoming with anything. Can someone dig up why this project has been delayed or set me straight?

I believe for the Vue, only 1 or 2 high-end million dollar+ units are left.  I have not heard anything about 55 West.  I called a few months ago and they had a unit available in my price range but it faced the West (with views of I-4 and Parramore).  I think their sales office was one of the first to open downtown but they haven't even broken ground yet.  I believe this is why many people are hesitating to buy there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure that people are hesitating to buy at 55w. In fact they had to completley take all units temporarily off the market because they sold too many too fast. Approximately 76% of the units have hard contracts on them. Groundbreaking is scheduled for April 12th where there is a formal gala planned.

Looking at the Solaire floorplans, I notice that all the one bedrooms have a partial-wall. Is this correct? No door? By defintion a bedroom needs to have a window , closet and a door. These are really studios, if this is the case. I would guess this would hurt any increase in resale value, when compared to one bedrooms in other new buildings: 55W, VUE, Traditon,etc.

Here's the official "sold out" email that I'm sure everyone just got...

On behalf of developer Wood Partners and Coldwell Banker The Condo Store, this is to thank you for your interest in home ownership at Solaire at the Plaza.

Upon the April 4th opening of the Solaire sales center to registered Priority Buyers such as yourself, we were met with a tremendous response to the development. Consequently, all condominium homes in Solaire were purchased as of April 8th.

We genuinely appreciate your interest in Solaire at the Plaza and regret that we could not fulfill the demands of all those interested in Solaire ownership.

Please be assured that every effort was made to offer a purchase opportunity to Priority Buyers in the order that their queries were originally received. The demand was simply greater than the supply of condominiums available.

We wish you all the best in your home search and thank you once again for your interest.

Sincerely,

The Solaire Sales Team

Here's the official "sold out" email that I'm sure everyone just got...

On behalf of developer Wood Partners and Coldwell Banker The Condo Store, this is to thank you for your interest in home ownership at Solaire at the Plaza.

Upon the April 4th opening of the Solaire sales center to registered Priority Buyers such as yourself, we were met with a tremendous response to the development. Consequently, all condominium homes in Solaire were purchased as of April 8th.

We genuinely appreciate your interest in Solaire at the Plaza and regret that we could not fulfill the demands of all those interested in Solaire ownership.

Please be assured that every effort was made to offer a purchase opportunity to Priority Buyers in the order that their queries were originally received. The demand was simply greater than the supply of condominiums available.

We wish you all the best in your home search and thank you once again for your interest.

Sincerely,

The Solaire Sales Team

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of my clients who had been pre-approved for Solaire through Coldwell Banker Mortgage had a letter from CB Mortgage saying that the project had been cancelled.

One of my clients who had been pre-approved for Solaire through Coldwell Banker Mortgage had a letter from CB Mortgage saying that the project had been cancelled.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

um, did your "clients" happen to see the construction going on at church and orange...hmmm...interesting...don't you think? :blink:

Not that I think this has been cancelled or anything, but let's remember all that's technically under construction right now is a parking garage and two office towers. Remember that final plans for the Solaire were not even complete yet while constuction of the project was wel underway.

• 3 weeks later...

Orlando Business Journal:

Solaire finagles fancy financing

Noelle C. Haner

Senior Staff Writer

ORLANDO -- From the very beginning, Cameron Kuhn's $140 million Premiere Trade Plaza project was an attention-getter for downtown Orlando.

Although it was going to revitalize the blighted former Jaymont block, the demolition of the old buildings raised a ruckus with local history buffs, and a $21 million incentive package from the city of Orlando raised the eyebrows of some critics.

By the time the project got under way, its on-time groundbreaking and actual construction and development earned cheers from downtowners.

Then Kuhn's Premiere Trade Plaza's residential high-rise -- Solaire at the Plaza -- began to turn heads.

With just a couple of teaser advertisements encouraging people to register online, reservations for presales at Solaire totaled 4,500 when its Atlanta-based developer, Wood Partners, opened the project's sales center on April 4. Five days later, all 306 units at Solaire had been sold, with 100 under reservation contracts and the rest under hard contracts.

Now, the financing for Solaire is attracting attention.

Read More

Archived