Downcity/Providence Retail

AriPVD

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cleaning marble is actually bad for it, the same way that cleaning copper is bad for it. By removing the outer layer, you leave it exposed to acid rain and pollution, and it pretty much literally melts away.

How do you keep it from looking so grodie then? Can it be cleaned then sealed with something? It has like little dirt smudge gunk on it. Maybe now that it is exposed, the rain will wash it away?

How do you keep it from looking so grodie then? Can it be cleaned then sealed with something? It has like little dirt smudge gunk on it. Maybe now that it is exposed, the rain will wash it away?

You have to polish it. And I don't mean you in the ambiguous sense, I mean you, Cotuit, have to get the marble polish and go clean it up. Get moving!

• 3 weeks later...

" After three exciting years in downtown Providence, Butterfield will soon be making the move to the beautiful East Side of Providence. Look for our new store to open May 1 at 187 Wayland Avenue in the space currently occupied by Mrs. Robinson

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rumor is Davol Square gym will be closing...

I'm not sure how much of a rumor that is. My wife and I used to be members. Apparently, she's still on their email list and got an email inviting her to a "farewell party". While it doesn't say anything else, it certainly makes it sound as if they're closing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dress barn downtown is closing & bowl and board is closed

Oh no, that really stinks. B&B was a really nice store. My parents are coming to town tomorrow for our annual Downcity Christmas shopping and lunch...that used to be one of the stops. I guess it was just a rough time for a lot of those businesses to be starting off.

B&B all but went out of business. Their only remaining store is the one on Martha's Vineyard.

I believe their will be ice sculpting on Grant's Lot tomorrow to distract your parents from the loss.

We made out fine despite the departure of Bowl & Board. Had a nice lunch at Cuban Revolution (tried Bravo first, but they were full - it's not like there was no space whatsoever, but I guess their customer service or lack-thereof, has been well documented, so we just left). Checked out Craftland, Oop, Symposium, Homestlye, Eno, and Gourmet Heaven. Indeed they were carving ice sculptures, they had carolers, and we ran into Santa and Mrs. Claus. It was good to see a lot of people in the Downcity retail corridor, most of the shops were full.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived