SC city 5th "most creative"

The_sandlapper

No, it's not Charleston! This may be a repeat to those who have visited the Upstate/Midlands post. I decided to post here just in case you missed it.

Columbia 5th most creative mid-sized city in the country.

Columbia

I wish I had the list for mid-sized towns but can't find it? Any thoughts, praises, complaints?

Creative Class

• 4 months later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just actually getting around to this thread. I believe the difference in rankings between the two lists can be attributed to what each article measures. The key word in Florida's list is "rise"--indicative of potential. The key word in the Miliken list is "performing"--which speaks of actualization. So now it is up to the city to bridge this gap, and with all of the proposed/ongoing developments and projects in the city, it's not off to a bad start.

I'm just actually getting around to this thread. I believe the difference in rankings between the two lists can be attributed to what each article measures. The key word in Florida's list is "rise"--indicative of potential. The key word in the Miliken list is "performing"--which speaks of actualization. So now it is up to the city to bridge this gap, and with all of the proposed/ongoing developments and projects in the city, it's not off to a bad start.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What we really need to draw creatives is residential with *modern* design in/around the city. My current soapbox issue. :)

• 4 months later...

that's was the most praising thing i heard thus far about columbia being the 5th most creative midsize city. wh all the projects rolling in , i wonder what new awards will the city win. Columbia is on the verge of something big. It's only a matter of time, patients is the key!!

Archived