COMPLETE: The Hotel Providence

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know the stories/height of Hotel Prov?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know how many feet it is, but at it's tallest it is five floors. One of the buildings they actually added a floor to. If you're in the parking lot behind the hotel you can see the new floor. The roof was so bad on that building, that considering the cost to fix it, they were better off adding an entire floor, to get more rooms, so they could recoup the cost.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but they recently put up a really nice sign on the Westminster side. It's a verticle sign about 2 1/2 stories high reading Hotel Providence (of course). It's a metal sign and the cut out letters are lit at night. It looks really slick.

• 9 months later...

Hotel Providence is going to attempt to get the fountain in the park on the corner of Westminster and Matthewson working again. At first they decided it was too expensive, but they seem to have decided it's not too expensive.

Its a really neat little fountain. Good for them. Now the people that own the one over by the turks head and the fountain on the side of the new RISD dorm ( next to starbucks ) need to figure things out.

And of course the fountain in the basin @ Waterplace Park.

• 1 month later...

Hotel Providence is going to attempt to get the fountain in the park on the corner of Westminster and Matthewson working again. At first they decided it was too expensive, but they seem to have decided it's not too expensive.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told the fountain is working again.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perhaps if we get a Ritz and combine that with Tiffany's, Trader Joe's will feel that we are good enough for one of their stores. I hate begging for one, but I really like them and I really hate going to Needham or Framingham every couple of months.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here's the List.

Hotel Providence just makes it at number 100, but as you can see it is the only New England hotel on the list (no Boston hotels made the top 100).

Hotel Dolce Villa on Federal Hill makes the list at number 210.

Archived