COMPLETE: The Hotel Providence

As much as I'm sure Hotel Providence deserves every ounce of the credit it's been given, I can't help noticing that L'Epicureo has been dead every time I walk by. Maybe I just happen to catch it at odd times.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Anyone hear anything about this? This is from Craig's List so take it for what it's worth.

I am a reporter running down a story on possible anti-gay bias in Hotel Providence, possibly originating with the new GM who was brought on board in April.

Any craigs list readers familiar with Hotel Providence or its current employees/managers? I would love to chat (completely confidentally, of course) about your experiences or first-hand knowledge of any anti-gay bias.

I don't know if these links are going to work.

I spoke to my contacts at the Hotel and I know what this is about. It has nothing to do with employee relations and the entire concept is unfounded.

If the poster on Craigslist really is a reporter, then he/she is uninformed, bordering on slander, and lazy. I have removed the Craigslist link as UP is not a forum for unfounded accusations.

BTW: I just got my first look at the Aspire awning... Whoa, seemingly taken from the Blaze restaurant color palate... Lots of people seemingly dining in their patio space, though, which was good... Made the street look much more vibrant.

BTW: I just got my first look at the Aspire awning... Whoa, seemingly taken from the Blaze restaurant color palate... Lots of people seemingly dining in their patio space, though, which was good... Made the street look much more vibrant.

I spoke to my contacts at the Hotel and I know what this is about. It has nothing to do with employee relations and the entire concept is unfounded.

If the poster on Craigslist really is a reporter, then he/she is uninformed, bordering on slander, and lazy. I have removed the Craigslist link as UP is not a forum for unfounded accusations.

I hope they are more busy regularly than they were Friday night. At risk of pissing off pseudo though I have to say my experience with RIers is that once it rains they curl up in the fetal position on the couch so that might explain why the whole city was dead Friday night (other than the gypsy punk show at Lupo's). I ate at Aspire and it was excellent, but it should have been since my companion and I were the only patrons eating (there were half a dozen people at the bar drinking) at 7:30 on the Friday!

Archived