Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this show gets a following and adds an additional season, then viewers may be surprised to see the amount of change that occurs in Providence in one year.  I think that will be excellent exposure for our city

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm definitely looking forward to the pilot...a big scene was shot down the street from my house in one of the scary Knight St. triple deckers. Should be quite interesting.

Hmmmmm  Plenty of mafia in Pittsburgh and Kansas City.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm...ANY movie or show!!!!

Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber, Outside Providence, Providence, etc

had nothing to do with the "mob"..and organized crime is in all of those cities

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm...ANY movie or show!!!!

Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber, Outside Providence, Providence, etc

had nothing to do with the "mob"..and organized crime is in all of those cities

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Filming in Luongo Square next to the Decatur last night. Pretty cool to sit around drinking (a few too many) PBR's while they were shooting outside...

They've pretty much gotten every place around my house, maybe my place will eventually can get a cameo in an episode...!

Filming in Luongo Square next to the Decatur last night. Pretty cool to sit around drinking (a few too many) PBR's while they were shooting outside...

They've pretty much gotten every place around my house, maybe my place will eventually can get a cameo in an episode...!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PBR's = Pabst Blue Ribbon??

Eltron, remember to hold out for residuals and a share of the DVD take!! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The article mentions that another movie is rumored to start here in November staring a big name actor ( Wesly Snipes ? ). Welcome to Hollywood East! Imagine if former Gov Lincoln Almond choose the Hollywwod Production Co instead of Michael Corrente to develop the Cranston St Armory into a sound stage facility. I'm sure Kari Lang over at WBNA is still upset over that one. Mr Corrente couldn't but the financing together. He was probably choosen because he is a Providence native and Italian-American and it was an election year. That's probably why Almond held off his decision for so long.

Speaking of Hollywood, here's a shocker for all you Star Trek fans out there :blush:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEO...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

I am a big Star Trek fan but I find it interesting that there has never been a same sex liason on Star Trek. This is the show with the first inter racial kiss way back in the 60's. They also had one of the first portrials of minorities in leadership roles. The Star Trek universe is one of acceptance and equality but homosexuality is strangely absent. Would have been cool to see Chekov and Sulu do some kiss action. :D

Has anyone seen this movie which was also filmed in Providence a few years ago? (Not 2005 like the web site says).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wake_in_pr...ce/trailers.php

Never saw it, but I just watched the trailer. Seems like a dog, filled with every Italian family cliche known to mankind. In a nutshell, this Italian guy escapes his family in Providence and starts a career in Hollywood. But he has to return for his grandfathers funeral and brings his non-italian girlfriend with him.

(According to imdb - Internet Movie Data Base - it was realeased in 1999)

Never saw it, but I just watched the trailer. Seems like a dog, filled with every Italian family cliche known to mankind. In a nutshell, this Italian guy escapes his family in Providence and starts a career in Hollywood. But he has to return for his grandfathers funeral and brings his non-italian girlfriend with him.

:rofl: Every movie based in Providence has to be about an Italian family.

Actually according to IMDB it was made in 1999, but it was released theatrically in April 2005 and is still playing in 5 theatres this week.

Has anyone seen "Code of Ethics"? Its supposed to be mediocre, but is entirely shot in providence in the mid 90's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived