Provi-wood

Cotuit

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WEST GREENWICH -- Filming has begun in Rhode Island for Hard Luck, an action thriller starring Cybill Shepherd and Wesley Snipes. Snipes, who plays a gangster named Lucky, today drove a creme-colored Cadillac around University of Rhode Island's W. Alton Jones campus shooting scenes for the independent film that is expected to be in theaters next spring. Filming will continue at various Rhode Island locales through Dec. 23.

WEST GREENWICH -- Filming has begun in Rhode Island for Hard Luck, an action thriller starring Cybill Shepherd and Wesley Snipes. Snipes, who plays a gangster named Lucky, today drove a creme-colored Cadillac around University of Rhode Island's W. Alton Jones campus shooting scenes for the independent film that is expected to be in theaters next spring. Filming will continue at various Rhode Island locales through Dec. 23.

Hope the debut is down at Providence Place Showcase , not in Seekonk.

Mark

i heard that wesley bought one of the pent condos at 110.... although i cannot confirm this.... it might be true

From what I heard, the producers have a house for Wesley Snipes to live in for the duration of filming, though he is currently staying in a Providence hotel. I find it unlikely that he would have bought anything in 110, though it's a good rumor for the developers to start.

What I noticed in that film section was how they emphasized the extent of how unfriendly Newport, Middletown, and R.I. was to the welcoming of MTV. Maybe they'll come back when they see the O.C. in Providence :):)

Those neighbors in Middletown were like, NIMBY once they found out what MTV was all about, although I'm not too sure they actually got the full picture. They just didn't want any disruptions in their quiet and quaint 'hood. It was a big loss for RI.

Those neighbors in Middletown were like, NIMBY once they found out what MTV was all about, although I'm not too sure they actually got the full picture. They just didn't want any disruptions in their quiet and quaint 'hood. It was a big loss for RI.

I really disagree that the MTV decision was about NIMBYism. If it was, than it was about exactly the kind of stuff none of us wants in our BY.

Have you seen the drunken bulls**t that goes on in downtown Newport and around the beaches in Middletown in the summer? If you remember, someone was killed last year as a result of druken shoving between college students. It's a total drain on the resources of those communities, and makes the place unattractive for those of us who like to spend our summer doing something besides getting in fights with a bunch of drunk and vomiting meatheads.

If you'd ever had a bunch of frat boys puking on your driveway, pissing in your yard, and screaming outside your bedroom window at 3 in the morning, you'd probably feel different about the benefits of MTV advertising your neighborhood. MTV's presence would only make the area a magnet for more of that same kind of behavior- I think we are better off without Newport and Middletown becoming more like "Spring Break Rhode Island" than they already are.

Archived