Hi-Tech Office Bldg Coming to Asheville Gateway

archiham04

Hi-Tech Office Building Coming to Asheville Gateway

Cort Architectural Group, PA and Whitney Commercial Real Estate announce EastPointe, a user-friendly, low-rise suburban office building of 28,000 square feet to be located on Gashes Creek Road at the intersection of I-40, I-240 and US-74A in Asheville.

EastPointe will be a uniquely designed, highly efficient building, offering technology features to specifically meet the needs of business in the Information Age. Located adjacent to the property is a BellSouth service cabinet providing fiber-optic connection to the BellSouth Asheville Central Office and high-speed fiber optic telecommunication services to the building. Combined with perhaps the most identifiable and easily accessed interchange in the Asheville region, EastPointe will provide one of Asheville

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asheville has a chance to become a major research and technology center, if it's promoted more. Our city and region doesn't do enough to tell the world about Asheville. This building looks like it's all spec? I'm guessing ground will break with Cort as the lead tennant? When are our city leaders going to tell the rest of the world about Asheville? We should be at tech conferences/conventions, talking about our city!

Sounds cool, I'm wondering though if it is a "green building" one that doesn't pollute and uses energy efficent design and natural lighting etc.

I know with many of these "state of the art" buildings that is the norm because it lowers occupancy and maintence costs and allows a better environment for employees.

http://www.usgbc.org/leed/leed_main.asp

Archived