Norwegian project and development thread

Christian

Kiss the Frog is a spectacular museum! Shame its only going to stand there this summer. To the autumn they will tore it down again. This plot has long been planned to be rebuilt, but it has never happend, because it has never been any agreement on what to built.

• 2 months later...

Grefsen Stasjonsby

Grefsen - Oslo

Construction: 2006 - (2010)

Homepage: http://www.stasjonsbyen.no/

Architect: Hille Melbye Arkitekter AS

85 000sqm with 900 apartments and some office is about to start construction. Grefsen Stasjonsby was first approved in 2001, and construction start is expected to take place in the first months of 2006. The first apartments will be out for salesment in january 2006.

The project, one of Oslo's largest nowdays contains three 12 story high-rise buildings pluss a unknown number of lower buildings below 10 floors.

grefsenstasjonsby1small6ko.jpg

grefsenstasjonsby2small1cx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Euroterminalen

Kristiansand - Vest Agder

The idea of this project was born in the early 90s. The project was near dead for several years before the regulation plann was finally completed in 2001. The city council approved the regulation plan in november that year.

Euroterminalen is one of Kristiansands largest development project, and contains a new large terminal for cruice ships and trains, a shopping centre, offices, a 25 story tall hotel and residentials. After the approval the 25 story tall (89m) hotel went through massive opposition. Not much has happend since, but construction start is planned for 2006/2007 with completion 2012/2013, so there will probably be more news from this project soon.

euroterminalen12ea.jpg

euroterminalen3small9dx.jpg

euroterminalen4small1qi.jpg

Planns giant hotel in Trondheim

Trondheim - S

Edited by Christian

Tall, tallest in Haugesund!

Haugesund - Rogaland

A new high-rise has been proposed in Haugesund. The high-rise will become the tallest in the city, and one of the most unique in Norway! The architect firm Brekke Helgeland Brekke AS has design this 60m/ 20 story tall residential, retail and office building (maybe hotel) which will be situated in downtown Haugesund.

Many investors is interested in this project which has recived much positive replies from politics. They say this is a very impressive and exiting proposal. The developers say this tower will be finish in three years if the city council approve the building. By my surprise many of the local inhabitants also agree to built this building. Its a very impressive and spectacular idea which will put Haugesund on the map.

Haugesundhoyhus1.jpg

Haugesundhoyhus2.jpg

• 3 months later...

MAD Tower, tallest in Norway

Imagine a 36 story/ 120m - 130m tall building next to Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel and Posthuset. MAD (Moderne Arkitektur og Design AS) Architects has just recently proposed to built this building, and it will become the tallest building in Oslo and Norway. It will contain offices, residentials, retail and public areas as a small green park on the roof of the tower. The project is still in a early stage development, and there is no detaild information about the project yet.

76_280_large_tower1.jpg

76_278_large_tower2.jpg

76_279_large_tower3.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of these buildings looks like those of new neighborhoods of Lille or Amsterdam, it seems there are a kind of Northern or Nordic (?) architecture.

Anyway I have seen all posts about the projects and realisations, in Stockholm, Oslo, Stavanger, Trondheim, etc. I regard all this urbanism and architecture as very intelligent and beautiful (the landscapes too :thumbsup: ).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in love with all the Scandinavian projects I'm seeing.

Please stop calling Norway for Scandinavia! That really hurts us <_< As the rest of the world only recognize Norway as a part of scandinavia, we feel a lack of identity... :P

I never thought that we had so much urban, modern architecture. My home, Larvik, is just one big architectural disaster. The projects looks really cool on the pictures. But often, they do look cooler before than after they are built. (If anyone ever builds them)

• 3 weeks later...

Please stop calling Norway for Scandinavia! That really hurts us <_< As the rest of the world only recognize Norway as a part of scandinavia, we feel a lack of identity... :P

I never thought that we had so much urban, modern architecture. My home, Larvik, is just one big architectural disaster. The projects looks really cool on the pictures. But often, they do look cooler before than after they are built. (If anyone ever builds them)

Cool, you're from Larvik! Yes, there isn't much going on in Larvik, and what they have, have not amazed me yet! T