Stavanger

Christian

Stavanger - Norway

Stavanger, the 4th larges city in Norway with a population counting 111 530, with 170 000 in the metro area.

The city have developed a skyline consisting of several high-rise buildings located in the very heart of the city by its downtown pond.

x1.jpg

The downtown contents this modern area with a few high-rise buildings and this pond with a large church from the 11th century standing close by.

original.jpg

Panorama from the skyline area.

original.jpg

This is the oldtown which is apart of the downtown business and retail area.

RogalandStavanger08_g.jpg

The Stavanger Cathedral facade. The church was first built in 1135, but has been reconstructed several times.

Vaagen.jpg

Beautiful downtown area.

25287939.jpg

Small streets and white wooden buildings in the old city district.

05oldt~1.jpg

06oldt~1.jpg

original.jpg

Panorama over the whole city. Stavager is the the right, while another city, Sandnes is to the left. These two cities creates the main metro area.

Rica%20Forum%20Hotel.jpg

The tallest building in Stavanger is the 65m tall Rica Forum Hotel. The 21 floor hotel was completed in 2001.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing a part of Norway I didn't know about!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And there is far more, ill try to find recover some stunnign panorama images from Bergen as well. The city is quite stunning, with thhis city with tens of mountains in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Although it is the fourth largest, how does the population compare to other three cities like Oslo?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, Stavanger has 5 times less the population of Oslo, 100 000 less than Bergen and about 40 000 less than Trondheim. But the Stavanger metro area includes Sandnes with 40 000 inhabitants and a few other smaller towns and cities.

• 11 months later...

Well, Stavanger has 5 times less the population of Oslo, 100 000 less than Bergen and about 40 000 less than Trondheim. But the Stavanger metro area includes Sandnes with 40 000 inhabitants and a few other smaller towns and cities.

By 01.01.05, the pop's were as following for the 4th largest cities in Norway:

Oslo - 529,846 (approx 850,000 in Metro area)

Bergen - 239,209

Trondheim - 156,161

Stavanger - 113,991

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting these!

I will be visiting Stavanger in April.

I will also go to Bergen and Oslo.

Do you have and thoughts on things that I should see when I'm there?

Stavanger looks quite nice on those pictures, I can't wait to go there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived