Airplanes @ Toronto Pearson YYZ

hkskyline

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that snow on the tarmac kinda feel.

Some unique companies up there too that we don't see too much of in the states (yet) JetsGo very cool looking planes!

Is this the airport that is on Lake Ontario? I remember the airport used to be on the lakeshore, or does Toronto have two or more major airports (passenger traffic). Thanks for the pics!

I actually flew that BA 747 to London that night :)

Pearson is the largest international and domestic airport in the Toronto area. Toronto Island is much smaller and is geared towards light aircraft. They don't get many movements. Buttonville is almost purely a general aviation airport for students and enthusiasts. Both Island and Buttonville are extremely small.

Hamilton also has an international airport to the west. For some time, they were competitors for the budget sector, home of Westjet. However, Westjet has since moved to Pearson to be closer to the Toronto market.

Archived