Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hkskyline

Airplanes @ Toronto Pearson YYZ

7 posts in this topic

From the Terminal 2 satellite :

yyz07.jpg

yyz06.jpg

yyz05.jpg

yyz04.jpg

yyz02.jpg

yyz03.jpg

Terminal 1 being destroyed :

yyz01.jpg

From Terminal 3

RIMG0012.jpg

24 December 2004

175880.jpg

175881.jpg

175895.jpg

175896.jpg

175882.jpg

175894.jpg

175898.jpg

175899.jpg

I like that snow on the tarmac kinda feel.

Some unique companies up there too that we don't see too much of in the states (yet) JetsGo very cool looking planes!

Is this the airport that is on Lake Ontario? I remember the airport used to be on the lakeshore, or does Toronto have two or more major airports (passenger traffic). Thanks for the pics!

Pearson is the main international airport in the northwestern part of town. Pearson is not near the water. The Island Airport by Lake Ontario is used for very small aircraft. There is general aviation airport called Buttonville north of the city.

That British Airways 747 is snazy. I have never been to that or any Toronto airport but I really like it. How many other major airports are in the Toronto area exactly? I know you mentioned some but are those all of them?

I actually flew that BA 747 to London that night :)

Pearson is the largest international and domestic airport in the Toronto area. Toronto Island is much smaller and is geared towards light aircraft. They don't get many movements. Buttonville is almost purely a general aviation airport for students and enthusiasts. Both Island and Buttonville are extremely small.

Hamilton also has an international airport to the west. For some time, they were competitors for the budget sector, home of Westjet. However, Westjet has since moved to Pearson to be closer to the Toronto market.

Yes, the new Terminal 1 began operations last April. Afterwards, T1 was demolished and eventually T2 will go as well. I will post photos of the new T1 in this forum shortly.