my ideas for Greensboro's future ballpark

cityboi

I've created some simple drawings of a mixed-use building that would have some unique qwerks. The building would sit behind the large grass berm next to the grand stand. The first floor would be dedicated to retail, the second floor would have a sports theme restaurant over looking the field. The third and fourth floors would be dedicated to office and multi-use space. The facade facing the field has balconies with stadium seating on the 3rd and 4th floors and the rooftop would have a party deck with an excellent view overlooking the playing field and Greensboro's skyline. This idea could really make our ballpark stand out from the rest of the minor league parks. I sent these diagrams to Action Greensboro and maybe these ideas are good enough to materialize. Let me know what you guys think.

seatingside.jpg

seatingfront.jpg

seatingtop.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly believe that your idea is excellent, and I hope that the powers-to-be are like minded. It is my belief that as long as people apply some pressure to downtown activity groups and the city council(s), the chances of getting something good out of a project improve drastically and dramatically. Obviously, you took time and made effort to put together this great idea, and I TRULY hope to see this happening... with YOUR signature on the bottom :) Best of luck, and keep us informed.

Thanks guys! :)

Actually I did briefly think about it. My major in college ended up being architecture and after college, I changed to graphic design. But urban planning has always been an interest. I guess thats why I like the Sim City games so much. But I like seeing the process of a city going through urban changes. Getting there is half the fun you know ;) I think there is alot of opportunity for unique development near the ballpark and as a citizen of Greensboro, it my duty to give public imput to better improve our city. Greensboro has been the under dog for so long and its exciting to see the city doing something to change its image.

well I've emailed the photos to city council members but until this idea has a group behind it that will be willing to make the investment, a formal presentation to city council by me wont be likely. Greensboro city council is not agressive like Charlotte's where the council members take it upon themselves to lead the city with development ideas. Its best if I communicate heavily with groups such as Action Greensboro who are instrumental in taking ideas for development to make them a reality. Action Greensboro has been the driving force behind the ballpark. They are also the same group thats paying for it. The only thing city council really does is gives it blessing for projects like this and the deal with ordinary matters.

Archived