37 members have voted

1. 1. College or Pro Sports

• Pro Football
    • College Football
    • Highschool Football

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted pro but it really is a close tossup for me personally, especially between college and pro. PennState, OhioState, WVU and Pittsburgh all have great college traditions (as well as about 15 national titles combined!) Pro wins out for me but its razor close. If I was the same person but born and raised in the deep south I would think I'd be 75% college FB.

College is big. There is no explanation for it.

NFL is really only big in Texas and Florida. There is a nice tradition amongst there teams in those states.

High School Football. From the time I lived in Florida. They didn't really have the tradition like Texas did. Texas high school football is bigger than both college and the NFL. So it's hard for me to choose. I probably wont.

i love the titans and have since they relocated here, but my blood will always bleed orange. my mom's family is from knoxville and both my parents and my sis went to ut, so i've practically grown up big orange. i would have gone to ut if they had my major there. the only plus for titans games is that you can buy beer (well take a loan out for it anyways) at the stadium. but then again, there is always jack and coke at the ut games :D

High School Football. From the time I lived in Florida. They didn't really have the tradition like Texas did. Texas high school football is bigger than both college and the NFL. So it's hard for me to choose. I probably wont.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for the double post. Where in Florida did you live? 6-A schools in Miami going at is on par with Texas almost. Although, I think Texas is still bigger with the "Friday Night Lights" appeal but Florida is pretty big in the right areas.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the double post. Where in Florida did you live? 6-A schools in Miami going at is on par with Texas almost. Although, I think Texas is still bigger with the "Friday Night Lights" appeal but Florida is pretty big in the right areas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are some towns in the Panhandle where the whole city shuts down to go to the game....

Games get pretty big here in the Jacksonville area. Too much talent statewide

I voted pro, even though those guys seem to be concerned about nothing but their next million-dollar contract. It's hard for me to pull for college football, since I went to a school that has a Division I-AA football program. College football makes more sense if you attended that college or have family there. Or if your town is soley dependent on the college for its economy and well-being, like Clemson in the Upstate of SC.

• 2 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Small town football is huge in FL and I'd say it rivals that of Texas. If you got a chance to see perennial power houses like Suwannee High of Live Oak play Lincoln High of Tallahassee or Columbia High of Lake City or Madison High or Lakeland High, etc. (I could go on) play, I think you would agree that high school football consumes lives in parts of FL (as I'm sure it does in Texas).

As for my vote. It's a no brainer. College football hands down. Followed by high school. Then other sports. Then Pro football if nothing else is on TV.

Go Gators

Archived