The Point Orlando

bic

I was driving around earlier today, and when I came to the corner of Universal Blvd. and Carrier Dr. (near the former pink-monstrosity towers), I noticed a sign for a new development-- The Point Orlando. Apparently this resort's first phase will include four 12-story buildings designed in a traditional Mediterranean architecture style.

Rendering:

fachada.jpg

pop_local.jpg

For more information, check out:

http://www.thepointorlando.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that second map, and those towers look real good.  Looks like a great addition to the I-drive area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also like the map, but maybe it's because it's been photoshopped to make every undeveloped piece of land look like a golf course green. There is absolutely no way all that empty Universal land by the Royal Pacific is as green as depicted-- that area has been a messy sand/construction site for years--not to mention all the other doctored areas.

I also like the map, but maybe it's because it's been photoshopped to make every undeveloped piece of land look like a golf course green. There is absolutely no way all that empty Universal land by the Royal Pacific is as green as depicted-- that area has been a messy sand/construction site for years--not to mention all the other doctored areas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems like the IHOP paid somebody off, they are HUGE (almost as big as Mickey's head) :lol:

Hey if all the "green" brings in development dollars from the fat cats looking at the brochure more power to them.

This should be around that area too but not sure about the status...

The Club Atlantis Project

rendering.jpg

location%20map2.png

The elegance of The Club Atlantis Concierge Condominium Hotel will surround you as you enter the luxurious first floor. As you stroll through the elegant lobby, you will feel the warmth and welcome of home. You can relax by the martini bar or read the paper and sip your java in the cafe or just stroll along through the gathering area and view the latest local artist in your personal gallery. At the center of the atrium, you will find your front reception desk where the concierge staff is available to cater to your every need. The first floor of The Club Atlantis Concierge Condominium will soon become your favorite destination. It is here that you will find an assortment of boutiques and the exquisite salon, professional health and exercise facilities and your very own spa with everything so that you can sit back, relax and submerge yourself in Orlando's greatest treasure.

The developer for this project, Calamari LTD., is a development / construction management entity successfully managed by

JT Callahan. Established in 1954, Callahan is a full service construction firm, specializing in construction management, general contracting, design build and preconstruction services.

Regarding the pink-monstrosity towers, what's their status?  I don't see cars in the parking lot.  Are they still a work in progress, as they've been for at least a decade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. One tower is currently blue, while the other has actually been painted in a sane, tan color scheme-- it actually looks decent now. Unfortunately, the opposite tower is still an eyesore, and parts of the base are still in Paris Hilton pink; in addition to the fact that that construction on the towers STILL isn't complete.

Regarding the pink-monstrosity towers, what's their status?  I don't see cars in the parking lot.  Are they still a work in progress, as they've been for at least a decade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Believe it or not it's a very nice hotel, allthough personally I liked the pink. I stayed there several times before I found a job here and moved here. The 2 things I like best about the hotel are the views, and it's location. You can easily walk to several resturants ie Chili's, TGI Fridays, Starbucks. The enthusiastic walker can walk to Universal, Belz or Pointe Orlando.

Right now I believe it's being converted to timeshares, and there are doing a retrofit on the 2nd tower, they are also redoing the pool area and adding more amenities.

I think that I-Drive is one of the more pedestrian friendly areas of town with the sidewalks, and the trolley. But in this town I think "pedestrian friendly" is a very subjective term.

I knew something was wrong the second I looked at that Universal land. Yeah, it's a lot more brown than green..... and they don't seem to have any plans for it. They could fit something pretty large there. Especially if they could find a way to work around that road or get rid of it.

I knew something was wrong the second I looked at that Universal land. Yeah, it's a lot more brown than green..... and they don't seem to have any plans for it. They could fit something pretty large there. Especially if they could find a way to work around that road or get rid of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone know what Universal's plans are for that tract of land right by Turkey Lake Rd near the northbound side. It's been surrounded by a construction fence for years.

Anyone know what Universal's plans are for that tract of land right by Turkey Lake Rd near the northbound side. It's been surrounded by a construction fence for years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The two sites on that piece of land (one west of the I-4 exit ramp and one east of the ramp) were to be reserved for additional hotels.

Apparently Loews backed out of any future hotels with Universal after they satisfied their contract for 3-- Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific.

Of course, Universal also owned the land at Wallace Rd. and Turkey Lake Rd. that was once slated to be a time-share resort. They curbed those plans and sold the land to a developer who is now building a large residential neighborhood there.

With the Lockheed Martin land sold and Universal expansion coming to a screetching halt, who knows what will happen to that vacant land at Turkey Lake and Universal Blvd. My best guess would be two additional hotels a few years down the road.

The two sites on that piece of land (one west of the I-4 exit ramp and one east of the ramp) were to be reserved for additional hotels.

Apparently Loews backed out of any future hotels with Universal after they satisfied their contract for 3-- Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific.

Of course, Universal also owned the land at Wallace Rd. and Turkey Lake Rd. that was once slated to be a time-share resort. They curbed those plans and sold the land to a developer who is now building a large residential neighborhood there.

With the Lockheed Martin land sold and Universal expansion coming to a screetching halt, who knows what will happen to that vacant land at Turkey Lake and Universal Blvd. My best guess would be two additional hotels a few years down the road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I've seen the residences going up along the southbound side of Turkey Lake. I've been wondering how the local high school, Dr Phillips could possibly accomodate those future students.

Thank you for the update.

Yes, I've seen the residences going up along the southbound side of Turkey Lake. I've been wondering how the local high school, Dr Phillips could possibly accomodate those future students.

Thank you for the update.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, the developer failed to make arrangements with the county to be sure that students would be able to attend Dr. Phillips High School, so instead they will have to be bussed to Jones. Talk about frustrating for the kids....living half a mile away from a school and having to take a bus halfway across town to a different one.

Archived