Republican or Democrat?

yochillout

Born in Connecticut and educated in Massachusetts... I can't understand how people from the south can swallow GW Bush's cowboy act.

btw-I hope all you young Bush supporters will be joining the military to fight in Iraq the minute you are old enough.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in Connecticut and educated in Massachusetts... I can't understand how people from the south can swallow GW Bush's cowboy act.

btw-I hope all you young Bush supporters will be joining the military to fight in Iraq the minute you are old enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not everyone from the south likes bush. i'm from the south and can't stand him and know many other southerners who share my opinion. i will admit it does vote primarily republican now though. :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So do you suddenly hate me and my friends guts just because we are Bush supporters? Is that why you are telling me to join the fight so that I will die for my country so that you can walk to the store not worrying about being killed by foreign invaders? If you are still wining about Bush being re-elected and maybe one of the people that were booing Bush, I have one thing to say to you. You must be a pretty sad american if you can not support your own president. I have seen that the demonstrations that have been happening over these years getting worse and worse at the inauguration and even this year they were given their own grandstand. They were throwing food at the president and quite frankly I think you might be one of those people that would have done that from the comment that you just said. That comment and the people that did those acts at the inauguration make me sick.

If you are still wining about Bush being re-elected and maybe one of the people that were booing Bush, I have one thing to say to you.  You must be a pretty sad american if you can not support your own president. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am one person who would have booed at bush. i don't feel like as an american, i have to support the president. as an american i support our military who are the ones who are risking their lives to protect my freedoms. the acting president is the one sending these people into danger in iraq for no good reason. this is why i cannot support the president. his job is to protect those who serve our country, not send them into unessesary danger.

The reason why I am a republican is because I believe in most of the views of the republican party and because most of the people that live here are republicans and so my friends and I belong to the teenage republican party at our school.  My friends and I make up about 60 or 70 of the 90 members compared to the young democrat club which only has about 15 members.  Anyways the south rules and I am a ture republican!  ROCK ON!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you base your actions in order to gain acceptance amongst your peers? Not exactly an endorsement for the party you say you support. When you get drafted and sent to Iran to fight in another war, you might pay more attention to the issues.

If Bush gets no respect its because he gives none. His scorched Earth campaigns have left alot of people with a bad taste and his stances on alot of issues are controversial. Look how insulting he was towards people from Massachusetts where his father was born and he was educated. He even attacked Senator Kerry's military record when he himself dodged the draft.... but that's what Republicans do... they talk a good story but when it comes to fighting in Vietnam they use privilage to escape sevice.

Do you think that you should stay home while someone else goes to Iraq when according to Rush Limbaugh and Fox News, the dangers in Iraq are overstated and a product of the liberal media?

I know the issues my Dad served in the Persian gulf war and served to protect your freedom in the US army for 20 years. My grandfather faught in the Korean war and the Vietnam war. I think I know the issues involved. Also people tend to be influenced by their environment and experiences, this shapes someones personality. So I'm sure that your views on events and issues were strongly influenced by the environment. Also I did say that I support most of the views of the republican party. I don't support all but about 96% of the views of the republican party I agree with strongly.

Also people tend to be influenced by their environment and experiences, this shapes someones personality. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok so are you saying that everyone who supported slavery, including the Presidents who held slaves, were ok for doing so because they were shaped that way by their environment? That being the case, why don't we still have slavery?

Scott personally I think that you are afraid, I myself am not afraid of war. The people that are commenting that a draft will scare me and change my views, I believe are also afraid of war and a draft. If I am drafted I will be glad to fight for my country and to protect all the cowards of our nation. If I die, then that is what God intended to happen.

Ok so are you saying that everyone who supported slavery, including the Presidents who  held slaves, were ok for doing so because they were shaped that way by their environment?  That being the case, why don't we still have slavery?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They were brought up to think that that was an acceptable action to take. Now in our current world change has occured making this illegal brining the world closer together to a group. I never said that it was ok for slavery. Just that back then that that was the acceptable thing to do.

I agree that environment certainly does help shape peoples views. I was a tenager in the inner city back in the 1980's when crime was much worse than today. I understand that people need help and I don't see Bush doing anything to help working people... but what would a high school kid know about making a living and paying a mortgage?

I don't have time to go protest in Washington because I'm too busy working and paying taxes. I assure you that out of the 50 million people who voted against Bush, many, like myself had very good reasons.

Well guess what I am in highschool. I'm a sophmore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and since now you bring up your your young age as some "excuse" for your beliefs then I will point out the following:

You have never had to face anything serious. Suburban white teenage boys who play sim city all day don't really seem to be that in tune with the problems of the world and the political issues that surround them. Their biggest issue is acceptance by their very similar peers. You have already admited to this. When you go without food, live in a house with no heat, are subjected to abuse, have your life threatened by drug dealers, etc, etc then get back with us.

Hey guess what I have lived in poverty and I know how it feels. I don't play sim city all day, I have lived in a house without heat, the only reason you are making judgements is because you don't know me well enough. So don't complain please. When I brought up my age, that wasn't an excuse, it was to say how old I was.

The thing about poverty is absolutely true. I lived in a tow bedroom apartment in Texas with my family of four. We had cockroaches in the house and there were no lights. No heat and no tv. I lived there for a year before my dad was promoted and then we moved to a house that we rented for 4 years. We had termites and ants and birds that made their home in our home. After that I moved back to the old apartment and lived there for 6 months. After that I was living out of a suitcase for a year. Next came Kansas. I lived in a 1 bedroom townhome. I lived there for 1 1/2 years. After that I lived out of a suitcase for a year. Then I moved to Germany. This was the first time I had ever lived in a descent home. I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment for 4 years and I loved it. After that I moved back here to woodbridge which we rented a very nice house compared to the other ones. It had 4 bedrooms but it was not the greatest house you could rent. The heat always broke and we didn't have a whole lot of money. Then my dad got promoted once again. This is when my dad began to make some very good money compared to the other years. He was making 70,000 a year for the U.S. army. After that he retired and was hired from a company called SAIC. He now makes twice the amount that he made in the military. Now my life is so much better than it had been, and I am so grateful. So now you know a little about me and how I came from almost nothing to something.

So you are saying your father was a 20+ year veteran in the US Army, and fought in Gulf War I which was 24 years ago and you are only 16. Yet he was not able to provide electricity, heat and water to an apartment. Sorry I don't believe it and that makes no sense.

Anybody with 1/2 a mind can go get assistance to pay those bills for their kids and veterans have access to base housing. I think you have just demonstrated how unfamiliar you are with the real world.

not everyone from the south likes bush. i'm from the south and can't stand him and know many other southerners who share my opinion. i will admit it does vote primarily republican now though.  :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not all northerners are democrats though. Didn't bush NH om 2000?

You have never had to face anything serious. 

When you go without food, live in a house with no heat, are subjected to abuse, have your life threatened by drug dealers, etc, etc  then get back with us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats kind of a cheap shot. Not everyone has to go through those kinds of things to have opinions about them, and it doesn't make you better if you have, nor does it make your worse if you haven't.

What makes this country so wonderful is that we CAN disagree with our leaders and not get killed, tortured or 'disappear' as a result. As responsible citizens, we should always be critical of our government.

But this is the problem with this country, we are seriously mis-informed about politics, about the government, about war, about the economy. We really have no clue about what the actual forces are that are driving our policies. I believe that it is in the hands of a few people and this president and his advisors have supported and protected this for decades. The war in Iraq was a result of mis-guided policy and the fear that this administration put in the American public. What really drives this government is economic interests and that is it, not that this isn't important - just limited. Bush is such a pro-business man that he takes no time in thinking about the human costs and cultural destruction that has occurred as a result.

I believe that he really has no true understanding of the average American and most especially the less well off. But Bush is a puppet and he'll say and do whatever he is told.

Does that neccesarily mean all northeners are democrats, I think not.  That doesn't help your view at all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I meant that literally. If Gore had won NH, he would have had enough electoral votes to win the presidency, even with the loss of Florida to Bush. Thats how close that election was. And oooh yes I am bitter. I rue the day! :ph34r:

Archived