• Jacksonville
    • Birmingham
    • Louisville
    • Little Rock
    • Oklahoma City

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're cool, I just like to point out things about Jax, whenever I get the chance. One of these days, I'm going to get up to Nashville to explore the city a bit. I hit Memphis, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Winston-Salem, Grand Rapids & Columbia last summer & so far, this year, I'm planning to hit Birmingham, Dallas, Norfolk & maybe Louisville. Depending on what happens (like a cheap airplane ticket coming up or hurricane hitting Jax), I might add Nashville to the list.

Nasvhille has great golf, climate,city county government, great dinning, the cumberland and TONS of great lakes(member the TVA). Instend of beaches there are beautiful hills and country. There are great parks and trails all around nasvhille. There is also much much more going for nasvhille.

BTW, nasvhille and jacksonville, b'ham, and louisville are really the only important ones. the other are just fillers as would be Mobile. St. Petersburg is part of tampa right? If that is the one that is why it is not on this list. Tampa is already above the other cities on this list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually St.Petersburg is its own city not part of Tampa its 10 miles away though it is in the metro area its bigger or as big as birmingham

We're cool, I just like to point out things about Jax, whenever I get the chance.  One of these days, I'm going to get up to Nashville to explore the city a bit.  I hit Memphis, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Winston-Salem, Grand Rapids & Columbia last summer & so far, this year, I'm planning to hit Birmingham, Dallas, Norfolk & maybe Louisville.  Depending on what happens (like a cheap airplane ticket coming up or hurricane hitting Jax), I might add Nashville to the list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Lake, don't let anybody tell you not to have pride about where you're from, especially if its a growing and thriving city. I wish my hometown did the things that your city has done...my hometown has been around longer and its smaller! Charleston is growing, but nowhere near the rate of Jax. Your city just seems to have the vision and determination to be a major city. In my hometown, the people there seem to be afraid of growth, but your city seems to embrace it.

I hope to eventually move to Jax and make it my permanent home. The people seem to be very friendly, the city is modern and attractive and also has some history to it, and it is surrounded by WATER! Water gives Jax more potential, because it provides more attractive places to live, work, and play.

In my hometown, the people there seem to be afraid of growth, but your city seems to embrace it.
For a very long time, and many still, were afraid of the growth. They've been wanting Jax to stay a sleepy little-big city. Only recently has there been a large enough push by the younger generations and businesses to make it known that we are a city that wants to grow, yet do it carefully.

it is surrounded by WATER! Water gives Jax more potential

A la SuperBowl.

Archived