Another themed restaurant coming to Orlando?

sunshine

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Rainforest Cafe has always creeped me out for some reason. Maybe it's the fake rain, or the fake animals. Or the fact that there's an underlying message of "Protect the Animals!" which doesn't sit well when one is eating ribs.

I'd dig a Hot Dog themed restaurant, though. Just as long as it didn't put Hot Dog Heaven out of business. That sign on Colonial is one of my favorite signs. Who doesn't love a neon hotdog impaled on a neon spear?

That Rainforest Cafe has always creeped me out for some reason. Maybe it's the fake rain, or the fake animals. Or the fact that there's an underlying message of "Protect the Animals!" which doesn't sit well when one is eating ribs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Feel the same. A T-Rex concept would be interesting though, provided that they use efficient retail and restaurant designers this time. Something was always a bit off with Rainforest (ease of way plus the aforementioned really fake animals), and a new concept like this needs to be somewhat navigable for the customers with the sugar-filled kids hanging all over them.

I have to agree with Jaybee... I don't think Orlando (or anywhere, for that matter) needs a theme restaurant. Orlando is pretty much "themed" out, what with the Disney and Universal. While the whole T-Rex thing may be unique, I just think those theme restaurants are doomed to fail once the public's curiosity wears off. I would hate to see a restaurant like this go up say downtown, and go vacant 3 years later. My 2 cents, anyways.

Archived