Bridges at Mint Hill

DigitalSky

what is with the reference to Taubman at the end of the article?  is he also doing the mint hill project?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, Childress Klein Properties is Mint Hill's developer. The reference to Taubman was there just to state who is developing Northlake - it was just unrelated info.

• 1 month later...

I'm bored so anyone care to guess the other anchors? I say Dillard's and Penney.. and then Barnes & Noble and Consolidated Theaters, since they say 3 anchor-dept stores, bookstore and cinema.. and then for fun let's throw in Dick's Sporting Goods lol

also-the site plan in JPEG

http://www.minthill.org/Bridges_At_Mint_Hill.jpg

Edited by cantnot

The next mall we will probably see will be to west of Charlotte below I-85 and next to I-485. Eventually that are will be developed with suburban pad homes and they're going to want a mall.

I'm hoping for an IKEA there in the next couple of years...but I guess I'll keep dreaming. ^_^ It would be very cool if they could tie it in with the airport. Like Atlanta...which has the shops at Hartsfield. But, I guess it would get very nerve-racking to find a parking place there.

The next mall we will probably see will be to west of Charlotte below I-85 and next to I-485. Eventually that are will be developed with suburban pad homes and they're going to want a mall.

I'm hoping for an IKEA there in the next couple of years...but I guess I'll keep dreaming. ^_^

i'm thinking that will not happen... that area will most likely just be served by retail growth at existing activity centers and malls in gaston county, as well as northlake being just ten minutes away via 485. 

west meck has a negative rep, and even with sprawly growth by the river, i doubt there will be enough growth potential to warrant full-fledged development of a mall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah you might be right ^_^

Freedom Mall and all the vacant storefronts leading up to it, are a strong indication of how commercial investors view west Charlotte.

Farther west, and you're under the northbound flight paths from the airport. That's a nonstarter.

Farther west, then........? Belmont? Gastonia? Oh, wait... Gastonia already tried a mall. :rolleyes:

No, I'd say the next mall would more likely be in South Carolina, than west Charlotte.

Edited by MZT

Freedom Mall and all the vacant storefronts leading up to it, are a strong indication of how commercial investors view west Charlotte.

Farther west, and you're under the northbound flight paths from the airport. That's a nonstarter.

Farther west, then........? Belmont? Gastonia? Oh, wait... Gastonia already tried a mall.  :rolleyes: 

No, I'd say the next mall would more likely be in South Carolina, than west Charlotte.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if the next mall were in south carolina or near it. The most likely place then would be above rock hill or on 49 east of carowinds but right before the buster boyd bridge. I here there is alot of residential development going up there along with a Harris Teeter. But Rock Hill will most likely be the place in aobut 2 to 5 years.

Well if the next mall were in south carolina or near it. The most likely place then would be above rock hill or on 49 east of carowinds but right before the buster boyd bridge. I here there is alot of residential development going up there along with a Harris Teeter. But Rock Hill will most likely be the place in aobut 2 to 5 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The new HT is at the Palisades development, the next Peninsula-type development of sorts on Lake Wylie. I doubt they'd build a mall on 49 seeing its proximity to Carolina Place... maybe the next big mall though will be in Rock Hill if they build a new one and replace the Galleria.

My bets are on the next one being out near Weddington/ Wesley Chapel/Marvin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well malls now-a-days are built off/near interstate highways primairly so I really can't see that happening or the zoning passing for a mall to be built in such a residential area. However, i can see a Birkdale-type development going up in this area with stores that cater to the residents that are upscale

If there's enough density you can have malls every 3-4 miles. Orange County has... (thinking)... at least 6 malls on I-5. Plus some others on I-405.

Not all of them are doing great, but none were as dead as Freedom Mall, when I was there.

My bets are on the next one being out near Weddington/ Wesley Chapel/Marvin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tend to agree with you. With the high end housing going up in Union county it would make sense to at least have a Birkdale type development there. Isnt Carolina relativly close to Union County though? Could Union support a mall like CP or NL?

^Insomnia here!  :lol:

Yeah, definately Dillard's, maybe Penney's or Macy's, and Dick's will make four, along with the cinema to round it out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Dillard's has publicly said they aren't interested in this project; they want to go into another unannounced project an exit away.

I will guess you will see Border's, Macy's (Hecht's), Target

I think Dillard's has publicly said they aren't interested in this project; they want to go into another unannounced project an exit away.

I will guess you will see Border's, Macy's (Hecht's), Target

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Dillard's said that originally, but then the Stallings mayor said (i think) only if the Bridges at Mint Hill wasn't approved then she'd go ahead with plans for Stallings Mall.. so Dillard's might be interested in Bridges.. i know they want to leave their Eastland store and building a store at bridges would justify doing that.