Bridges at Mint Hill

DigitalSky

I tend to agree with you. With the high end housing going up in Union county it would make sense to at least have a Birkdale type development there. Isnt Carolina relativly close to Union County though? Could Union support a mall like CP or NL?

Carolina Place is relatively close, but then again, Stonecrest is relatively close to Carolina Place. And the Arboretum is relatevily close to Stonecrest... etc. etc. etc. That area near Wesley Chapel/Marvin/Waxhaw/Weddington is filling up quickly with high-income homes, especially Wesley Chapel... I don't remember the name of it, but a friend and I stopped into a neighborhood nearing completion in Wesley Chapel/Marvin area... it had atleast 20 homes over 1.5 million... and that was just one little development...

There is a Harris Teeter off of 83 with a Dome that is in the middle of nowhere, where they are building a Walgreens across the street. Look for this to become the center of a major Union county shopping center soon... and watch as the roads leading to it fill with sprawl... just my opinion... All of those millionares are going to expect something a little more convinient than a 20-45 minute trip.

Yeah your right, Eastland will end up being like another Carolina Circle. After that say hello to Sam's and Super Target.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't see SuperTarget going there, if the mall shuts down. After all, Target closed their store on Independence nearby and they have a store on Albemarle closer to 485.

Carolina Place is relatively close, but then again, Stonecrest is relatively close to Carolina Place. And the Arboretum is relatevily close to Stonecrest... etc. etc. etc. That area near Wesley Chapel/Marvin/Waxhaw/Weddington is filling up quickly with high-income homes, especially Wesley Chapel... I don't remember the name of it, but a friend and I stopped into a  neighborhood nearing completion in Wesley Chapel/Marvin area... it had atleast 20 homes over 1.5 million... and that was just one little development...

There is a Harris Teeter off of 83 with a Dome that is in the middle of nowhere, where they are building a Walgreens across the street. Look for this to become the center of a major Union county shopping center soon... and watch as the roads leading to it fill with sprawl... just my opinion... All of those millionares are going to expect something a little more convinient than a 20-45 minute trip.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had posted earlier that a Stonecrest-size development would go up across the Harris Teeter (across Hwy 84) and supposedly Lowes Foods was going to anchor it i'm not sure what's happening with that project now though

A Wal-Mart Supercenter would fit there well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is already a WalMart on Eastway at Central, but I suppose they could close that one and build a Supercenter. When Winn Dixie there closes and HT at Eastland closes, people will need a new grocery store. I'd hate to see that Eastway WalMart vacant though, because I don't think anything else could fill that huge space.

There is already a WalMart on Eastway at Central, but I suppose they could close that one and build a Supercenter. When Winn Dixie there closes and HT at Eastland closes, people will need a new grocery store. I'd hate to see that Eastway WalMart vacant though, because I don't think anything else could fill that huge space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think even though it may be possible, Eastland Mall will remain in its mall form for a while..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know Wal-Mart is now interested in having a Supercenter every 5-10 miles apart from each other now..that is what they are working on in many markets.

I hope that Wal-Mart can be convinced to do something multi-level at Eastland if they come into the (soon to be former) Belk or Dillard's spaces

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know Wal Mart has some multilevel stores and some California malls.. I don't know how that'd work here though.. I guess after Belk and Dillard's leave their spaces will more than likely be divided (i.e. Burlington Coat Factory, Freds) or destroyed (i.e. Sears at SouthPark)

The Dillard's space has exterior entrances on two levels, so it could be subdivided pretty easily, but Belk, if I'm thinking correctly, doesn't have any exterior lower level entrances.  It's pretty much going to have to go for a single-use tenant to fill the space.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it does, Belk has an exterior enterance on the lower parking deck level in the backside

I was looking on the Mint Hill Chamber of Commerce website and they said that Bridges would be the same size of Concord Mills! Golly that's big! Talk about some serious road improvement that needs to be done to that road by there!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the end, It definately won't be as big as CMills

New info guys, 2 towns' battle for Mall widens

The new N.C. budget includes $6 million to widen Lawyers Road near Interstate 485, a critical improvement in the area where Mint Hill wants to build an open-air shopping mall.

Stallings Mayor Lucy Drake -- who wants to build a mall in her Union County town instead -- is not happy.

"This is outrageous," she said.

Both towns have said only one mall, not both, can be supported.

Mint Hill Town Manager Todd Lamb said the money is "exciting." The improvements to Lawyers Road are something Mint Hill needs, mall or no mall, Lamb said.

But he said the town didn't request the money and said he didn't know how it ended up in the budget.

• 4 weeks later...

StevenRocks, I completely agree. If they close down Eastland then they will go to the next closest mall. (Mint Hill) What's the point of building a mall that is only 8 miles away from another one?? All of the Eastland shoppers will come to Mint Hill and turn it into the new "Eastland" mall (same demographics, different mall)

Edited by NOcityrox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've not heard anything recent on Bridges... I'd assume everything is going as scheduled. I'm sure that SOME of the metro isn't seeing this as a new mall but rather a REPLACEMENT of Eastland if some of the major stores leave that mall for this one.

I agree w/ you about Northlake, the theater and Borders will help. Let's see how Northlake preforms this holiday season :)

• 1 month later...