Bridges at Mint Hill

DigitalSky

8 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Carolina Place is pretty healthy too. It is a middle class rather than upscale / luxury mall, and Sears is a risk as an anchor, but it is about 95% occupied.

The closed Macy's is being replaced by Dick's bring the anchor stores to Belk, JCPenny, Sears, Dillards, Dave and Busters, Barnes and Noble, REI, and Dicks.

I think the entire first level has two open spots and the second level has 3.

I wouldn’t really call D&B, Barnes & Noble, REI, or Dick’s anchor stores. They’re big box stores used to fill space, which is a good thing I guess, maybe just not for a mall. I roll my eyes when I see a mall “anchored” by a Target. 

2 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

I wouldn’t really call D&B, Barnes & Noble, REI, or Dick’s anchor stores. They’re big box stores used to fill space, which is a good thing I guess, maybe just not for a mall. I roll my eyes when I see a mall “anchored” by a Target. 

Honest question, but what’s the difference between the two? Having Target as an occupant seems like a bigger deal than a Sears or JCPenneys in this day and age. 

7 hours ago, Third Strike said:

Honest question, but what’s the difference between the two? Having Target as an occupant seems like a bigger deal than a Sears or JCPenneys in this day and age. 

Exactly, healthy malls have more than just department stores to pull in foot traffic to support the rest of the stores. REI isn't a traditional anchor, but it can drive more foot traffic than a Macy's these days.

49 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Exactly, healthy malls have more than just department stores to pull in foot traffic to support the rest of the stores. REI isn't a traditional anchor, but it can drive more foot traffic than a Macy's these days.

Healthy malls attract actual mall tenants. Does a Target belong at SouthPark?

I do think eventually a "town center" type shopping center will be developed here as the trade area around this site is growing fast and includes parts of Meck county, Cabarrus and Union.  I think a mixed use project would be best and Howard Hughes developed the Woodlands north of Houston and Summerlin in Vegas and they do know how to do very nice work.  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Just now, rancenc said:

they still own the 200 acres or so there.  It was Childress Klein and Howard Hughes not sure who owns it now but looks like CK. 

• Like 2