Condos on Westin parking deck

Guest donaltopablo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm....odd. I don't understand why he wouldn't want to go office for the floors until the condos would have a view over the Westin. I hope the retail at the base means a complete reconfiguration of the parking deck, to remove those decked spaced fronting College and replace them with retail.

ive always hated the entire base of the Westin. The tower is great, but for something that the City had so much input on, its so lifeless at street level. The restaurant patio and views into the bar are the only areas of interest.

i'd rather see a 37 floor tower elsewhere in downtown, this may just look weird!

I dunno, I am with RJP on this one. Aussie Luke's picture gives you a good idea of what type of retail potential this area of Charlotte has. Start at 300 S. Tryon on your way to the WB arts facilities, stroll past Trump's high end stores, through the Westin retail, across the NHoF, and then turn down Brevard walking toward the arena. The potential is there, let's just hope it is utilized to its fullest.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning I was driving up Stonewall towards College and I noticed a sign for new office space posted on the side of the Westin, I was just wondering if this has anything to do with a possible mixed use tower on the parking deck.

Archived