Colonial Center's 1,000,000th fan!

waccamatt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad at all :)

Columbia's centrality to the state makes it equally accessible to all parts of the state. I would think that plays a part in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seating 18,000 for basketball doesn't hurt, either. That figure is just for USC Men's basketball games....1,000,000 tonight!

You said you were there, did you happen to see the trumpet player with the bright green mouthpiece?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, but I sit in about the 5th row of section 109, not far from the band. I will see if I can spot a green mouthpiece at the next game. I play trumpet too. Our little Marching Pride Band needs a volunteer student director, lol, do you know anyone that needs resume building material?

Actually, we join the NC Pride Marching Band and the Atlanta Freedom Marching Band and play at each others' gay pride parades. The one in Columbia is very small though and most of us are just learning to play again. I hadn't picked up my trumpet in 25 years until I started the band last year.

Archived