Favorite Orlando Project

firemick

What is your favorite project either proposed, in planning & approval or under construction  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite project either proposed, in planning & approval or under construction

• 55 West at the Esplanade
    • The Vue at Lake Eola
    • Solaire/Premiere Plaza
    • Benchmark Building and "Penny's Block"
    • Tradition Towers
    • Ivanhoe Apartments
    • North Orange Condos
    • Orlando Palace/Towers
    • Central Park Apartments
    • CNL Tower 2
    • Dynetech Centre
    • Thornton Park MUD/Publix
    • Star Tower
    • The Jackson
    • The Sanctuary

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably the only person here who will pick Dynatech, I actually like the design. I can't think of another building I've seen that looks anything like it. I also believe it will balance out that huge gap between the Suntrust Centre and the Bank of America building.

I voted for Tradition Towers as well. What a nice looking building.

I almost voted for Premiere Plaza though since as wonderful as all these grand proposals are, it is the only 300+ footer actually under construction. In a way that makes it my favorite!

While I like them all to a degree (and think they're all great) none have "knocked my socks off" and has blown away all the others! They all get an 8 out of 10 for now. Holding off for that "10" project.....hopefully the performing arts center or a new highrise.....

If I had to choose, I think I would pick Benchmark. It will bring activity to a quiter side of dt as well as a ton of retail, residences, and offices.

I'm probably the only person here who will pick Dynatech, I actually like the design.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're not alone, I kind of like it, too.

This will probably get me kicked out of here, but I really don't like the design for the Tradition. It reminds me of that Atlantis Resort down in the Bahamas. Tall buildings are already heavy looking enough, why load them down with froo froo ornamentation?

Of course, this is coming from a guy who likes the look of the Dynatech......

You're not alone, I kind of like it, too.

This will probably get me kicked out of here, but I really don't like the design for the Tradition. It reminds me of that Atlantis Resort down in the Bahamas. Tall buildings are already heavy looking enough, why load them down with froo froo ornamentation?

Of course, this is coming from a guy who likes the look of the Dynatech......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the design for Dynatech as well. I think it's futuristic (hope i spelled that right :P ) Where can i find a picture of TT?

I believe, with its movie theater, being an anchor for Orange Ave., its going to take downtown too the next level.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The movie is good to bring in people to downtown at night who don't live there. Not everyone wants to go to Tabu or Paris. The publix is good to make downtown more self contained so those that do live there don't have to get in their cars and leave as much. I guess they need to get a Winn-Dixie in uptown. I think a downtown CVS would also be a good move to support the empty nesters moving in.

They are filling with youngsters and empty-nesters; but are any of these condos family friendly?

Archived