Greenville Mall

motonenterprises

Welcome to UP 3rdParty! We look forward to your contributions!! Sounds like you have some inside scoop on Magnolia Park. :D

Thanks guys....and I plead the 5th. :shades:

I will tell you not to hold out hope for BPS at this project, unfortunately. Great tenant, great draw, just a really "difficult" deal, to put it mildly. In situations where a developer has paid a hefty sum to acquire the property and will spend a ton of money in redevelopment costs, making a BPS deal work in a proforma is next to impossible.

Based on this thread though, it certainly appears they're coming to the market -- possibly some of their competitors too. Gander Mtn is doing NC deals and will enter SC in a few years, Cabela's is about to open their 1st GA store, Sportsman's Wearhouse is becoming active in the Carolinas, and REI just needs to make the jump into SC....not sure why they haven't already done so.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will tell you not to hold out hope for BPS at this project, unfortunately. Great tenant, great draw, just a really "difficult" deal, to put it mildly. In situations where a developer has paid a hefty sum to acquire the property and will spend a ton of money in redevelopment costs, making a BPS deal work in a proforma is next to impossible.

Based on this thread though, it certainly appears they're coming to the market -- possibly some of their competitors too. Gander Mtn is doing NC deals and will enter SC in a few years, Cabela's is about to open their 1st GA store, Sportsman's Wearhouse is becoming active in the Carolinas, and REI just needs to make the jump into SC....not sure why they haven't already done so.

Welcome to UrbanPlanet.org, 3rdParty! I am glad we are able to provide suggestions in a widely-read, public online forum such as this. :D

One thing I have considered recently, is that Anderson could actually be a better location for the large destination sports stores. There is a ton of bass fishing over there, and sport hunters are not scarce around there either. I don't think it would be too far a drive from the Greenville market, but I would obviously prefer to see them come here over anywhere else in the Upstate, since there is no question the shoppers/visitors are here.

Oh yeah....REI! :D Would love to have em in Greenville.....they could model this one after the flagship.

CIMG4930.jpg

CIMG4932.jpg

CIMG4927.jpg

CIMG4941.jpg

Archived