Greenville Mall

motonenterprises

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no.  We've hit the big time now, if you're right.  And I suspect you are, Mr. Mall Rat.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only other big-box anchors I can think of that go into dying malls are Burlington Coat Factory and Steve & Barry's University Sportswear. Better than nothing, I guess, but what a change from Parisian/Harold's/Williams-Sonoma, etc.!

The only other big-box anchors I can think of that go into dying malls are Burlington Coat Factory and Steve & Barry's University Sportswear.  Better than nothing, I guess, but what a change from Parisian/Harold's/Williams-Sonoma, etc.!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup:

Anyone heard anything else about what is going in the Wards building? The way I understood the article was that a department store was going in. I just wonder if they mean the traditional department store (like Belk, Macy's, etc.) or something else like Bass Pro Shops with different outdoor "departments." May Co. is being bought by Macy's which we already have. Proffitt's is being bought by Belk. I can't see Parisian coming back to that mall especially since they already gave their store up. And I'm sure Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus are out of the question. Even if they came to Greenville I don't think they would go into an old Montgomery Ward building in a dying mall...What's left????? Maybe Palmetto Home and Garden is expanding into that location. I heard they had several hundred dealers on a waiting list. Either way, I don't think we are going to be impressed....just glad something will be filling up the space.

I think we can all agree on one thing though...Greenville is entirely too big to have one shopping mall. Greenridge will help too but it is very diverse with everything from Lowe's to White House/Black Market. Kind of an odd mix I think. I can think of several stores I think Greenville could support in a different mall:

Brooks Brothers

Restoration Hardware

Tommy Bahama

BCBG

Kenneth Cole

Cole Haan

Lacoste

Anthropologie

United Colors of Benneton

Lucky Brand Jeans Store

J. Jill

abercrombie kids

Mark Shale

Pottery Barn Kids

just to name a few...any I missed????

I think we can all agree on one thing though...Greenville is entirely too big to have one shopping mall.  Greenridge will help too but it is very diverse with everything from Lowe's to White House/Black Market.  Kind of an odd mix I think.  I can think of several stores I think Greenville could support in a different mall:

Brooks Brothers

Restoration Hardware

Tommy Bahama

BCBG

Kenneth Cole

Cole Haan

Lacoste

Anthropologie

United Colors of Benneton

Lucky Brand Jeans Store

J. Jill

abercrombie kids

Mark Shale

Pottery Barn Kids

just to name a few...any I missed????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In a different mall ... OR ... downtown :)

I would like to see a Dave and Busters in Greenville.  With all the space they require they could easily fill the space.  However, they are a restaurant and the paper said department store..... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The journal said large retail store, not department store.

My girlfriend and I went to the Hollywood 20 yesterday to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Since we had about 30 minutes to kill, we walked over to Greenville Mall. I had not been in a long time, and found it depressing that so many stores were closed. There was virtually no mall traffic. What's worse is that the bigger stores that do okay business, like Oshman's and Palmetto Home and Garden, have outside entrances and do not do much to encourage mall traffic. I can't imagine how that mall will survive much longer. It's a shame, because the interior is actually quite nice.

My girlfriend and I went to the Hollywood 20 yesterday to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  Since we had about 30 minutes to kill, we walked over to Greenville Mall.  I had not been in a long time, and found it depressing that so many stores were closed.  There was virtually no mall traffic.  What's worse is that the bigger stores that do okay business, like Oshman's and Palmetto Home and Garden, have outside entrances and do not do much to encourage mall traffic.  I can't imagine how that mall will survive much longer.  It's a shame, because the interior is actually quite nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a fantastic movie. Critics don't know crap. :D

Anybody heard anthing else about Greenville Mall.  Surely with all the development going on around it someone (developer) has inquired about it by now...No?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like everyone, I've heard a million rumors. Jeff Lynch Appliances is apparently moving into the old Lowes at Roper Mountain and Woodruff, and Palmetto Home and Garden's new store (and facelift) will hopefully bring some traffic into the mall again. If the few stores the mall still had going for it (Williams Sonoma, Talbot's, and Eddie Bauer) would have just held on, that mall would be in a much better situation.

I'd like to see a TJ Maxx and More come to Greenville...not sure where at Greenville Mall that could happen, but the little store they have at Orchard Park and Haywood is sad.

Like everyone, I've heard a million rumors. Jeff Lynch Appliances is apparently moving into the old Lowes at Roper Mountain and Woodruff, and Palmetto Home and Garden's new store (and facelift) will hopefully bring some traffic into the mall again. If the few stores the mall still had going for it (Williams Sonoma, Talbot's, and Eddie Bauer) would have just held on, that mall would be in a much better situation.

I'd like to see a TJ Maxx and More come to Greenville...not sure where at Greenville Mall that could happen, but the little store they have at Orchard Park and Haywood is sad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the difference detween TJ Maxx and More and the regular TJ Max?

What is the difference detween TJ Maxx and More and the regular TJ Max?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have never heard of T.J. Maxx and More. I went to the T.J. Maxx website, and cannot find anything about a T.J. Maxx and More. The parent company, TJX, operates T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, A.J. Wright, Winners (Canada), HomeSense (Canada), T.K. Maxx (UK and Ireland), and Bob's Stores (which I had never heard of until living in Boston).

How many T.J. Maxx stores do we have in Greenville? Is it two? I am thinking of the one at Haywood, and also one at Cherrydale. Any others? We still have the Marshalls at Verdae, right?

TJ Maxx & More is a division of TJ Maxx where a rather large "home" area is included rather than the two or three isles of frames, towels, etc. There is a TJ Maxx & More in the shopping center behind the Mall of Georgia. The home area is as big, if not bigger, than the clothing section. All togther the entire store is about twice the size of the store at Cherrydale. They usually only go to larger cities. It's like Marshall's and Home Goods being under the same roof. The stores are actually nice and carry more upscale merchandise

Archived