Take a look at this skyline..!

UptownJ

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's the first time I see downtown Charlotte from this angle! It's amazing, I have the feeling there is more density than usually!

Very good picture UptownJ !  :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks ... but I can't take all the credit... after all I just found the picture I didn't take it. But once I saw it I had to post it... its one of my favs!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello forum , I just wanted to say that i live in charlotte right now i'm from brooklyn/flatbush and I love Charlotte and yes its downtown isnt that big but its not that small like some think it is. I've noticed that Charlotte has alot of buildings downtown they are just crammed together, so to speak ,or they are behind a much larger or taller builder making it hard or almost impossible to see.Unlike alot of other cities it's not spreaded out here with buildings miles away from each other making their downtown skyline look bigger than it actually is..........but thats a good thing ......

Hello forum , I just wanted to say that i live in charlotte right now i'm from brooklyn/flatbush and I love Charlotte and yes its downtown isnt that big but its not that small like some think it is. I've noticed that Charlotte has alot of buildings downtown they are just crammed together, so to speak ,or they are behind a much larger or taller builder making it hard or almost impossible to see.Unlike alot of other cities it's not spreaded out here with buildings miles away from each other making their downtown skyline look bigger than it actually is..........but thats  a good thing ......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum and to Charlotte. I love Charlotte too and really see alot of great things and potential for this city. What you said about DT is so true. For our CBD, We have buildings right on top of each other... and in do so really creates a wonderful dt feeling... Very Urban. Walking down Tryon street or some of the others, you really can forget the fact that you are actually in a smaller size city. I don't get that feeling when I walk around ALT, Tampa, or some of the others I've been to. Charlotte's well on its way to become a world class city that will beable to compete with the likes of ALT, Dallas, Etc. It just wont happen over night.

PS.... If anyone has any other pics of our skyline, streetlevel, favorate buildings or spots dt, or anything else about charlotte they like.... ADD THEM HERE

The one from 30th St. will look even more amazing in about 3-4 years.  Everything proposed will be at least somewhat visible and should provide a lot of fill in and depth to the view.  I wish I had a time machine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it would be nice to see what the skyline would look like in 5 to 10 years from now. Imagine what it would look like if all the things that were proposed were built.

I've seen where people take an actual up to date picture of the skyline and add all the rederings of the projects being proposed to it. ( a good pic for that would be the one posted by cityboi)

If someone could do that... it would give us glimpse into the future

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i've only ever seen that famous photo. are there any other examples of this? i'm a bit of a skeptic that it wasn't just a telephoto lens on an exceptional day. crowder's mountain, yes.... grandfather mountain... hard to believe.

(it is a really cool photo, though)

that's cool. i guess when i've been up there, it has been pretty hazy. coal + tobacco curing + cars + sun = crappy mountain views.

maybe more poignant... can you see grandfather mountain from uptown charlotte? :)

that would be a nice selling point for building at "The Vue" ... they could sell "skyline vues" and "mountain vues".

The view from the mountians is only gonna get better too as charlotte continues to grow!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) only because "charlotte" metro sprawl will creep up to the foot of the mountains.

... but then again, the pollution will be so thick, you wouldn't be able to see to the other side of the skybridge.

maybe more poignant... can you see grandfather mountain from uptown charlotte? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say probably not due to the pollution. Kinda like how it's difficult to see the stars at night in the middle of the city due to the lights. It would be difficult to see across the land to the mountains but not vice versa cause there's not much pollution in the mountains.

Archived