Gay or Straight

Fruit Cove

Are you Gay or Straight?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Gay or Straight?

• Gay
    • Straight
    • Both?

Having been to Europe a number of times, I now look at things the way many Europeans do. Europeans tend to think in a "post-gay" mindset. They don't label themselves. I don't either, anymore. Back when I thought everyone (including me) needed a label, I was undecided whether I was gay or straight. :unsure: Much sexual confusion, especially among young people, in the States comes from this perceived need to label people. Europeans tend to see everyone as having the possibility of being attracted to either sex at any time. That's the way I look at myself now. :dontknow: I've never been with a guy, and currently don't have a desire to. But I can appreciate a hot guy as much as I can a hot woman. I have friends who identify themselves as gay. They don't try to hit on me, and they are alot of fun to hang with. :shades: I'd much rather chill with them than a bunch of rednecks! :P

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the historically important functions of cities (from a gay perspective) was to provide anonymous meeting places where gay men and women could safely meet. sure people used to have barnyard country flings but it was much easier in the city where you could slough off one identity and slide into a new one.

Was that before or after being on top of a mountain all summer? :rofl:

Agreed. Sadly this is something that many so-called Christians seem to be clueless about when you consider how often they wish to impose their morality on others. The truely faithful don't do this.

:yahoo: I'm glad someone finally said this. I consider myself Christian, but I am sure not part of the so-called religious right. I unfortunately have some relatives in the extreme right-wing who do think it is their right to impose their morality on others by force: they are supporting Wisconsin's marriage amendment.

I saw a bumper sticker on a car once that said Don't like gay marriage? Then don't have one! :rofl:

Having been to Europe a number of times, I now look at things the way many Europeans do. Europeans tend to think in a "post-gay" mindset. They don't label themselves.

That was exactly the point I was trying to get across earlier on, that the whole straight-gay thing is just pointless labeling. Seriously, who the hell cares anyway?

MJLO is Gay, and Single, although as to why he is single remains to be seen. It could be because he spends all day talking on urbanplanet, about buildings and infrastructure stuff. He also lacks Identity and doesnt really fit into the gay community.

Since I've moved to Phoenix, i've gone straight, the only people i've met out here are mormons. It makes me miss Michigan. There has been a lot of debate about gays being concerned about urban issues, and liking architecture. I've always been obsessed with tall buildings but im a little person, so i've always been obsessed with things that are big, at least that's my theory. (accept now that I read that It makes me sound like a size queen eek!) I don't really care so much about urban issues, although since i've been on here i've been alot more educated. I'm the state of Michigans biggest fan, anything Michigan, I kinda stumbled on here, looking up something random about MI probabally.

oh, and as for the current debate, It doesn't bother me when people are straight, and I'm a republican. (it's true) :)

I've always been obsessed with tall buildings but im a little person, so i've always been obsessed with things that are big, at least that's my theory. (accept now that I read that It makes me sound like a size queen eek!)

:lol: Never thought of the term "size queens" in relation to skyscrapers, but I guess there's a first time for everything!

I have a friend who grew up in Phoenix and now lives in PA where I am. He said it was such a tough environment there because it is very conservative and there are a lot of Mormons.

Good luck, MJLO with everything in AZ!

Thanks sir, I have no intention of staying here, but not because of the mormons. Im not intimidated at all by conservative environments. I do pretty well actually. But the reason I want to leave Arizona, is because there is no character to the cities here at all. It's all SUV's and fake titties. The weather sucks too. I like variety, lots of rain lots of clouds lots of humidity. But here in AZ It's only sunshine. and the sun wants to KILL you!

Thanks sir, I have no intention of staying here, but not because of the mormons. Im not intimidated at all by conservative environments. I do pretty well actually. But the reason I want to leave Arizona, is because there is no character to the cities here at all. It's all SUV's and fake titties. The weather sucks too. I like variety, lots of rain lots of clouds lots of humidity. But here in AZ It's only sunshine. and the sun wants to KILL you!

LOL! My buddy, who is actually from Scottsdale, said that he was also so sick of all the sunny warm weather. When it would rain, he and his friends would run outside just to experience precipitation.

We go indoors when it rains, Arizonians run out into it. Go figure! Everything in moderation I guess, and that goes for fake titties too!!!

haha, suvs and fake titties?lol

well, come back to Michigan, its cloudy right now,and a COLD 48 degrees, and rained all day yesterday,lol

LOL! My buddy, who is actually from Scottsdale, said that he was also so sick of all the sunny warm weather. When it would rain, he and his friends would run outside just to experience precipitation.

We go indoors when it rains, Arizonians run out into it. Go figure! Everything in moderation I guess, and that goes for fake titties too!!!

well being gay, the fake titties just annoy me, although, I know if there were a time when I needed a flotation device, I could just reach for the nearest minivan mom. As for the weather, there was one point about a month ago it rained here, and by rained, i mean three drops of water fell on my car. The Arizonans were scared, looking around "what is this water from the sky? Is this a sign of the apocalypse?"

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I only got nine right. Maybe it were lesbians/straight women, I'd get more right. :P

BTW, I'm straight and I'm a worried Democrat. I wasn't too crazy about John Kerry, and I hope we nominate someone better this time. I'm a populist and an environmentalist. I like cool city centers with hip places to eat and shop, but I'd rather live someplace quiet. I hate sprawl! I support civil unions. I'm not ready for marriage myself, but I love guys with jeans and cowboy boots. :lol:

11/16. No way, not a chance. Some of those guys obviously just don't realize they're gay. And even though MJLO already struck out with the "pants licker," I still voted for him because there's no way he's straight.

My gay-dar is seldom wrong. I will admit, though, one of my high school buddies came out to me, and hit on me at the same time, during a heavy metal concert. I never expected that, because I never thought he was gay. I was definitely wrong that time. I told him it wasn't happening because I'm way too big a fan of the female form... but that it wouldn't hurt our friendship just because he liked guys (and me.)

Archived