SW DC Redevelopment

Guest donaltopablo

• 3 months later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It's great to see that this project is moving ahead. I've been waiting for the D.C. waterfront to come alive. Maybe it's finally going to happen after all these years. Keep us posted on developments!

update and renderings for this project now that the old structure is almost completely down.

2448329387_2e7689a154.jpg

2448294033_e9d462933c.jpg

I really like the look and it should be a nice clean development.

• 2 months later...

Just an update Waterside Mall is now gone except for the two towers on each side of the property. Pile driving is going ahead at full speed. Marina View Towers next to the Waterside Mall property is in the midst of a makeover and will soon sport two new towers. The rebuilding and renovation of Arena Stage is proceeding at a break neck speed and looks to be well on schedule if not ahead of schedule. I will make it a point this weekend to take some pictures of all of the construction swirling around me.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Waterfront Station and the reopened 4th St. SW is open for business since March 2010 when the new Safeway and new two towers were dedicated by Mayor Adrian Fenty. The new Arena Stage was reopened on October 27, 2010 with the musical Oklahoma. Hogates Restaurant and Lounge has been torn down and Zanzibar restaurant has closed and will be demolished next. This is the beginning of the massive Southwest Waterfront redevelopment. Will try to take the time out this weekend take some pictures of all the redevelopment that has occurred in my neighborhood.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived